account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Set song as ringtone for sony xperia XA1

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Set song as ringtone for sony xperia XA1

Hello, I can't anymore set my music as ringtone or set as alarm. It doesn't show up with tap and hold in music app anymore. I don't have option for choose it in setting and ring tone, there is only stupid ringtone from sony but not option for choose my music. I tried restart phone, I tried update, nothing help. I had that both option possible set up before new sd card. Thank you for help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Set song as ringtone for sony xperia XA1

@MelodyMarast

Depending on your Android version, you should be having a PLUS (+) icon on the top right corner of the sound picker. This will allow you to pick from sound files stored on your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Plus icon is only for create playlist.  I have android 7.0

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Settings > Sounds > Ringtone

There you can find the +. At least in Oreo. Can’t remember  to do it in nougat, but you can for sure.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

From setting go to sound then to ringtones, click on the + sign on top to add a mew ringtone, 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have the same issue, the + sign is not there, it's definitely gone, I used it before, now it's not there anymore. 

My wife has the same handset, but she does have a +.

Could it be something I've enabled or disabled?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

What about resetting your phone, just back up your data to factory settings it , it will surely be ok

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Probably because your sound is faulty. When setting the ringtone. There are many websites that download ringtones with mp3 file errors. You can check out the websites that download good ringtones: Zedge, SonnerieTelephone, RingtoneMob,.... It is very safe.