account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SD Card not working - XA1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SD Card not working - XA1

I started my XA1 phone today and it shows, that SD Card is broken.

I tried that SD card in other mobile phone and also in computer. It shows that it's in perfect condition and I can read all files on it.

But when I put it back to XA1, it keeps saying that it is broken and I must formatt it. And of course I can't read any files from it in XA1. Yesterday was everything ok.

I am thinking that not the SDcard but slot in phone is broken ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: SD Card not working - XA1

Solved.

I put card in computer, moved my files including apps etc.. Then back to phone and formatted it. Again in computer and moved files back and put card back to phone. And everything, including apps, is working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Solved.

I put card in computer, moved my files including apps etc.. Then back to phone and formatted it. Again in computer and moved files back and put card back to phone. And everything, including apps, is working again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

And how to format, if XA1 does not see the SD card at all ?!

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

https://youtu.be/jV1u-x6XhuM

Just follow the link to video 

Well help you understand how to repair and reformat your sd card 

On a large sd card you'll need to format it to Exfat format 

OK it should sort sd card out 

But remember when doing this 

Everything on sd card will be erased 

But its the only way to repair the card I'm afraid 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

This is not a solution. This is a workaround for a fault with the phone. Just one more Sony screw-up.  The card in question could be read fine in other devices so it is not the card which is at fault. The reason I am on this site today is because I am having the same problem. AGAIN. This has happened at least four times and with different cards over the two years I've owned this problem device. I was hoping there was a solution by now. Apperently not.

Never again Sony.