account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

I can't download xperia keyboard

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

I can't download xperia keyboard

Some one can say why I can't download xperia keyboard.

I use Android 7

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: I can't download xperia keyboard

Hi @Trzhrn, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that the Xperia keyboard is not available for the Xperia XA, that is why you aren't able to download it from the Google Play store.

If you aren't happy with the preinstalled keyboard, you can always search for "keyboard" in the Google Play store and there should be a lot of different keyboard applications to choose from! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I'm very upset because of this answer.

Thanks a lot

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Trzhrn

Search the internet for xperia keyboard apk, download and install it. Others have tried and it worked. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I want to get rid of swift key and I don't want word suggestions. It distracts me when I'm typing something. It's like there's this thing that remembers all the words I type. Is there an alternative keyboard?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Trzhrn, sorry to hear that you feel this way, however this is the information that I have available.

I will make sure to forward your thoughts on that the Xperia keyboard is not available in some of our newer devices internally as user feedback!

@Roadrunny76, Good tip, thank you for helping out! Slightly smiling Face

@Daddy_Daryl, If the Swiftkey keyboard does not suit you, there are plenty of alternatives in the Google Play store, for example, Gboard which is Google's own keyboard application. Just search for "keyboard" and you will find different applications that you can try out and find one that suits you the best!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am replying to this post as I feel that sony have made a huge mistake by forcing us to ha* e swift keyboard! Just look what happens, the keyboard seems to have a mind of its own & it misses out letters & instead inserts a space, just look above for proof of this as I have not changed it so tyou can see * The proven also just back there there is another mistake (I have added a star to both of these! If this isn't enough proof that swift keyboard isn't up to the job then I don't know what is! Don't bother replying to me with some  excuse just get rid of it & replace it with XPERIA KEYBOARD!