account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z3 + Smart Headset Pro | Messaging Crash

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Xperia Z3 + Smart Headset Pro | Messaging Crash

Hi. I just got the Smart Headset Pro MW-1 to be able to receive calls while cycling. I've installed apps to allow my phone running Lollipop to push messages and notifications to the MW-1. As recommended in a forum I read, I shut down and powered both devices up after pairing and after the automatic update from the phone to the headset. Below are observations made I hope someone can help with :

1. I wanted to use TTS to let the device notify me if I received an email or a text message. It's working, but the voice volume is so low is it's useless on the road. I was using the stock Google TTS engin, by the way. Also, I tried incincreasing the voice volume manually (a volume bar appears really quickly on the phone when a text arrives and the phone notifies me) by triggering the volume bar to appear and sliding to all the way to the highest setting, but it only affects the notification being read, meaning the volume change reverts back to the original setting. I noticed that the TTS volume is set to about 10% of the volume scale, and at the very end of a voice notification, the volume goes up really fast, making the last second of the voice as loud as the media volume. I think something is overriding the TTS volume. I disabled the TTS feature add iit's useless to me in its current state.

2. When I read a text message on the MW-1, the messaging app crashes. I'm using the stock messaging app of the phone as well.

Is this a firmware issue On the headset or a lollipop issue on the phone?
1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 + Smart Headset Pro | Messaging Crash

It'll be good to contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)