account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Smartwatch does not charge

One time poster
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

Sony Smartwatch does not charge

hi,

I bought the Sony Smartwatch hardly 2 weeks ago. It worked well for a while. But now it does not charge at all. Any suggestions?

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 32
Message 2 of 32

Re: Sony Smartwatch does not charge

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried a different cable at all? Does the SmartWatch simply not respond at all to the charger?

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

One time poster
Message 3 of 32
Message 3 of 32

I don't have a different charger. The last time it was charging the charging indication was going from 4 bars to higher and after sometime it moved back to 2 bars. Two days ago, it wasn't charging at all.

Visitor
Message 4 of 32
Message 4 of 32

Hi,

I also have Sony Smart Watch and are having problems to charge the battery. I think the problem is related to bad connection between the cable and the watch. I have to press on the rear side of the watch to get contact between the cable and the watch. If i put it down on my table its more then 50% chanse it will loose the connection and then stop charging the battery. If i move the watch to another position, sometimes it will charge the battery. Its been like this since i bought it when it came out.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 32
Message 5 of 32

I suggest that you contact your local support team to have your SmartWatch examined and fixed at an repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

I just tried that. Went around in circles.

I first called Sony Helpline and explained the problem. They also told that I should go down to a Service Center and get it repaired. They said that either the Smart Watch would be fixed or it would get replaced. I searched for the Service Centers in Chennai and went to the nearest one. They refused to look into the issue stating that the Smart Watch was not in their list of equipments to fix. They suggested another Service Center which was quite far from where I live. I thought I will ensure that atleast that center would provide some service before I took the trouble to travel that far. I called up Sony Helpline again, explained the situation and asked them which Service Center to get in touch with. They gave me the contact numbers of the Centers located in and around Chennai. I tried each number. Either they did not pickup at all or they said that they would not service a Smart Watch. So I called up Sony Helpline again. This time they looked into it and said that the Smart Watch was a "Non-Repairable Accessory" and hence none of the Service Centers would fix it. When I mentioned that it had a one-year warranty they told in that case I can go any Service Centers and give the Helpline a call and they would deal with it.

It really feels like a huge mistake on my part for having bought the Smart Watch in the first place

One time poster
Message 7 of 32
Message 7 of 32

I have the same issue with my SmartWatch, but giving the back of the unit a blow will clear the connections so the charge cable will get a decent contact. I gave the connection points a bit of a clean the other day as there was a bit of lint stuck in the points. A needle and a bit of time was all that I needed. The connection isn't the best, I'll admit, and the previous poster that mentioned pushing down to get the connection going is correct also. But try giving the connection points a clean and see how you go Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 8 of 32
Message 8 of 32

My connection is clean, my charging problem has been like this since i bought the watch.

One time poster
Message 9 of 32
Message 9 of 32

It worked!! I would like to let everyone kno that just taking a needle or a pin and kindof scraping the gold part of the charger that touches the part of the watch helps give it a better contact and a better connection, thank you all on this forum soo much for all of ur help

One time poster
Message 10 of 32
Message 10 of 32

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! IT REALLY WORKED! THE NEEDLE/PIN METHOD!!! lightly scrape all the gold holes in the cable and plug it in the smartwatch! and look! do it again if necessary! It really worked! Thanks Hewlett33 :smileygrin: and kdiddy01 for confirming it :smileygrin: