account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony SmartWatch 2 App doesn't appear in my phone!

Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony SmartWatch 2 App doesn't appear in my phone!

Hello,

I just got my Smartwatch 2 about 3 hours ago, but I still can't connect it properly with my phone (Wiko Cink King, android 4.0.4)

First of all, when I install the SmartWatch 2 app from the google store, the app installs, but I cannot find in anywhere on my phone!! I saw on the app page on the google store that many other people had that problem. if I go in my settings->apps->downloaded I can see the app there, but I cannot open it. Even when I go on the google store I only have the option to uninstall it and not open unlike all the other normal apps.

How can I solve this issue?

Spending 3 hours trying to connect a smartwatch to bluetooth is not normal I think.

Thanks for the help,

1aranzant

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony SmartWatch 2 App doesn't appear in my phone!

The SW2 app will launch automatically when the watch gets connected with the phone.

If you would like to open the SW2 app separately you can download Smart Connect and via SC open the SW2 app.

Are you able to find the SW2 when your scan for Bluetooth devices in your phone? Make sure the SW2 is put in pairing mode.

Talent
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

hi;

you will be able to find the app inside your smart connect application. Enable Bluetooth on your mobile and make sure that your smart watch is in pairing mode. then after that open smart connect application on your mobile got to devices > there you can find your smart watch. if not tap on add new devices there you can search for available bluetooth devices with in range once you able to fine your smart watch. pairt it done. if this helps give me kudos

Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hey,

So after pairing the smartwatch with Smartconnect, I can see the SW in the device list, but I heard that I was supposed to receive a pop-up saying to intell the SW2 app, but I don't get a pop-up or anything after I pair it. 

On my smartwatch, the screen is also frozen it seems on a picture showing that the pairing is complete.

What should I do?

Thanks a lot,

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Now I reset the watch, deleted all my Sony related apps on my phone.

I paired the watch with the phone again, but my watch is stuck on a screen saying to download SmartConnect on my phone, but I already have Smartconnect on my phone!!!

What should I do now!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Delete the current pairing you have in the phone with your SW2.

Try downloading Smart Connect and the SW2 application again.

Put the SW2 in pairing mode and pair it with your phone again.

Reboot your phone.

Then reboot your SW2 and check if it connects.

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I have experiencied the same problem.

I have Sony Xperia Acro S. When using stock ROM there was no problem. After installing AOSP 4.4.4, official SONY smart-extras didn't appear on my watch anymore. But "INFORMER" app did. So I find the following solution to how make official sony apps appear:

1. You need have QuickShortcutManager or similar software installed

2. (Optional - I dont really know if requered) I moved Sony Smart Connect and Sony SW2 apps to system. You need root to do so. (You can do this by free app "Link2SD", if you had root it be no problem.)

3. Then install the extension you want in Google Play

4. After installing the extension and rebooting your phone (just in case ^^) the extension app will appear in QuickShortcutManager. Here SHOULD be prefference activity, which you have to run. (Find APP in the list - Press on it - Select "...preference..." activity -TRY)

5. Press Home so returning to home screen. (Do not press the back key! The idea is to keep this pref activity running!)

6. Now go to Notification Bar. Long press on "SmartWatch 2: Connected" - App Info - Force Stop. Do so with Smart Connect App as well. (In settings - Apps - select "Sony SmartConnect" - Force Stop)

7. Right after that run Sony SmartConnect again. Connect to smartwatch and see your extension having been installed.

I hope it helped somebody looking for solution to this problem. =)

Fhe
Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Thank you

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Same problem with me sw2 host app not downloading automatically and and on google play item not found is showing ... Plz solve