account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Smart Watch 2 SW2 went Off and does not turn ON!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Smart Watch 2 SW2 went Off and does not turn ON!

my SW2 doesn't turn on. it is charged. though it also doesn't vibrate when the charger is connected. the watch's battery is in good condition as I use it often with no problems so far, since I had it 2 years ago!

the incident started by me noticing the watch is off. I turned is back on as I thought the cold outdoors temperature (no extreme weather though!) may have caused the battery to feel discharged. it was mildly raining and I was biking. it came on only to go off again. I got home, and tried again at room temperature. came on only to go off whithin 15 seconds. connected the charger. seemed to be chrging fine. then didn't turn on for a day. second day as luck had it came on and off in 15 sec. the battery sign was full during on session. during the last session I had my phone's bluetooth disabled as I didn't wish to drain power if the problem is so related.

no vital signs any more, it's dead. screen is balck.

funny thing after reading forum messages and trying to update accessory from my phone (Nexus 5), noticed the accessory version is "unknown". 'update accessory' doesn't work. relevant?

pressing the ON/OFF bottom, 5, 12, 15, 30 or ever so long seconds does not work.

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Smart Watch 2 SW2 went Off and does not turn ON!

if you already tried software repair using Xperia Companion, I suggest you take your smart watch to your local service center Local support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have a Smartwatch but I cannot connect my inbox with the phone sorted out my contacts but messages I can't do can anybody help
Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

do I understand correctly:

you are saying that I connect my SW2 to my PC and run Xperia software repair? even though I cannot turn on my Smart Watch 2?