account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony MDR 1000x multiple devices - iPhone and MacBook

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony MDR 1000x multiple devices - iPhone and MacBook

Hi,

I really want to purchase the Sony MDR 1000x wireless ANC headphones but I've heard the multiple devices feature is a little bit problematic. I have iPhone and MacBook Pro and I want to listen to music from the Mac, and answer to calls from iPhone (something that works smoothly on QC35). The amazing features and the best sound quality on the Sony is a tie breaker but the problem on the multiple devices is  no-go for me.

Is it possible to use both MacBook and iPhone with this headphones?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony MDR 1000x multiple devices - iPhone and MacBook

Hi @SMangam, welcome to our community!

This will be tricky for me to answer since this is a Sony Electronics product and this is forum a where we help users with Xperia phones, tablets and accessories. I'd recommend that you get in touch with Sony Electronics and raise your question directly to them and they will gladly assist you! Slightly smiling Face

You can contact them on the following link (select your country): https://www.sony.com/locale-selector

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I am not sure; but isn't this a feature which is Apple offering you? Connect your phone to your MacBook, so you are able to make phone calls via your MacBook....

then connect you Bluetooth headset to listen to music and once your phone is ringing, you are able to answer via your MacBook.....

Didn't try it myself even...., 

Sage
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

It's not the same feature. Sony's headphone can't be connected that way because firmware's limitations. Bose uses a firmware which gives both call and multimedia functionalities over bluetooth for multiple devices.

Many others bluetooth devices do the same. Sony's it's a little crippled, in this field.

I speak for experience because I own SBH54, a cheap chinese (AWEI 920) and Bose QC35. QC35 is flawless, AWEI too. SBH54 is a total mess.

According to users' manual http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001177778.html), you should split bluetooth profiles, which is not exactly what common users are confy with.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@Bhonder, thanks a lot for this great information!

I really do hope that @SMangam will find this useful and hopefully Mac OS have a similar setting.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

It works perfectly IPhone + MacBook Pro: 

0) unpair all just to clean things up => reset the device by holding Ambient + Power for > 7s

1) paid with Iphone (hold Power for 2s)

2) to pair 2 second device (Macbook) you need to press Power for 7s !!! that's all!

full link (http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001177777.html)

don't be surprised they say Windows, the key here is that 2s for 1st device, 7s for 2nd device

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I am curious as to how you did this. I cannot get this to pair to a Macbook Pro and Android smartphone simultaneously no matter what the settings. If I press for 2 seconds, it will pair to the phone but then if I hold for 7 seconds, it turns off the headphones and when it turns back on, it will connect to the computer momentarily then disconnect. How did you overcome this?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi @SyntaxError1, welcome to our forum!

If you still can't pair it with a computer and a phone at the same time, please get in touch with Sony Electronics, as they are the ones responsible for the support for this product. You can contact them on the link below.

https://www.sony.com/locale-selector

I hope that helps!

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

It is not worked for me.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @omerfarukz, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Please get in touch with the Sony Electronics support on the link below and they will assist you further as this is a forum for Xperia products and the support for the headset is handled by Sony Electronics.

https://www.sony.com/locale-selector

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face