account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smartwatch SW2 Doesn't work!

Regular
Message 121 of 129
Message 121 of 129

Re: Smartwatch SW2 Doesn't work!

You'll have to sent it back to the vendor, Sony told me they don't have an international warranty.

One time poster
Message 122 of 129
Message 122 of 129

Dear Sir,

When i was trying to update the watch during the insttalation i've recived an failure error and since then the watch won't turn on.

however there is no smart watch 2 device in the list of update service tool to re install the firmwere.

Please update status regarding this problem that i've seen very commonly in other froums.

Thankyou and regards,

Mohammad Sharghi

One time poster
Message 123 of 129
Message 123 of 129

guys, you wont believe it!!!

i struggled like you all, solution was **bleep** of a simpleness: click power button on the sw2, quickly slide your finger from the bottom to the top of the sw2 screen. XDDD

i was so mad at sony!

Visitor
Message 124 of 129
Message 124 of 129

My SW2 wont turn on and it doesnt display anything even if charged.... Nothing at all. How to fix this??
Sony Xperia Support
Message 125 of 129
Message 125 of 129

@tapia

Sorry to hear that.

First try holding the on/off button for at least 10 seconds and see if that helps. If not, also try charging it with another charging and let it charge over night.

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your SW2 for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 126 of 129
Message 126 of 129

I have a similar problem of any one can go I updated the firmware on my sw2 it got to approximately 99% on the load bar of the watch screen then froze I left it plugged In the mains charger during the process and left it for 2 days but still no luck, I have tried switching it on off.. Nothing, pm companion won't pick it up due to being stuck in its cycle, contacted sony about a repair they said they would email me a send to repair centre instructions but haven't had a single response since the live chat.
Adviser
Message 127 of 129
Message 127 of 129

No longer an issue since Sony apparently no longer supports the SW2 in any way: the SW2 app has been pulled from the play store with no explination. Interesting that new ones are still being sold.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 128 of 129
Message 128 of 129

No change, no app, no explination. My new SW2 is useless. 

One time poster
Message 129 of 129
Message 129 of 129

@Padgett wrote:

No longer an issue since Sony apparently no longer supports the SW2 in any way: the SW2 app has been pulled from the play store with no explination. Interesting that new ones are still being sold.

The host applications (.apk files) for some accessories and smart products will be available for download from Sony Mobile support web starting from March 9, 2019. It will no longer be possible to download these .apk files from Google Play. 

It is strongly recommended to use the browser in the phone or tablet to perform the download, since this makes the installation as smooth as possible. It is also possible to download the .apk files using a computer, but this is not a preferred solution since the installation process will be less smooth.

#https://support.sony…applications/smartwatch-2-sw2/SmartWatch 2 SW2 Application for SmartWatch 2 SW2 – Sony support United Kingdom

#https://support.sony…atch2sw2/supportDocumentation/Apps and documentation for SmartWatch 2 SW2 – Sony support United KingdomSmartWatch 2 SW2 product documentation – View the warranty, user guide and other information about y...