account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Smartwatch 2 will not turn on

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Smartwatch 2 will not turn on

I've run into this problem twice and both times I fixed it by charging the watch with its original charger. It sounds really weird but the charger I used this last time seemed to drain it rather than charge it.

My watch was a 9% battery so I threw it on the charger for 30 minutes. At first, it was flashing like it was charging but then it went blank. I kept moving it to turn the screen back on and nothing would work. I tried to turn it on (i was charging it while it was off) and it wouldn't turn on. It seemed like it was bricked. I started poking around the internet for solutions and after finding nothing, I used a charger that has worked in the past. Poof, the charging indicator came on and it turned right on.

Long story short, use the original charger or a known charger that will work. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Smartwatch 2 will not turn on

Recieved my Smartwatch as a Christmas gift.  Opened and using charger that came with watch I put on charger while I read instructions.  Once fully charged watch would not power on.  I put on charger again....same results. 

Very disappointed and at a loss as to what I should do next.