account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SmartWatch2 (SW2) latest firmware update make unusable all custom watchfaces

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

SmartWatch2 (SW2) latest firmware update make unusable all custom watchfaces

Hello, I am a developer of custom watchfaces for the Sony SmartWatch2, and like many other developers, we have serious problems after latest firmware upgrade recently released (1.0.B.6.30).

The numerical date (monthly date) disappear from the display and the hour hand indicate a wrong time made the SW2 useless.

Previous firmware version works fine, we need an urgent patch to solve those bugs, our watchfaces are unusable and many customers write support request to us asking for refund.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: SmartWatch2 (SW2) latest firmware update make unusable all custom watchfaces

You need to speak to the Sony development team http://developer.sonymobile.com/about/how-do-i-get-in-contact/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: SmartWatch2 (SW2) latest firmware update make unusable all custom watchfaces

Not really. Sony should make public: whether there have been changes in the API, or is this "just" a bug - and in that case, when it will be fixed. The Stack Overflow Sony support, which is advertised on their developer site, is also failing miserably to address this issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27536415/how-to-fix-custom-watch-face-time-on-sony-smartwatch-2-w... If Sony wants to deliberately hinder the usage of third party watch-faces and provide all watch-faces themselves, then they're going in the right path. Otherwise, they should really react to this fast. Having a wrist-watch that cannot tell the time is not acceptable to anyone.
Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

it's not just the watchfaces that are messed up, the watch has become very unstable as well

i get random reboots, even random resets

this needs to be fixed asap

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

You can add battery draining quickly on both SW2 and host smartphone to all of the other issues listed above. This really is an incredibly unwelcome christmas "present" from Sony.

And this is after the massive disappointment of no Android 5.0 for the Xperia SPs we have in the family and the huge wait (many months) for a firmware update for the Z1 (UK SIM-free) only for the new update to introduce more problems than it fixed.

Really disappointed with Sony. We have spent a lot of money on Sony products only to find firmware updates lacking or bugged. Don't think I will be buying (or recommending to others) any more Sony products in the near future.

Now, when exactly will the SW2 firmware be fixed?

Highlighted
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Since the last update from last week to 1.0.B.6.30 / 1.0.A.4.11 I notice a much faster battery drain.

I appreciate the new faces but don't like the watch being empty around 8 pm Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Why is there no fix incoming for the last update? Has Sony broken SW2 on purpose to push us to buying SW3? 

All this silence is insulting.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

the unstability issues i had were due to the broken watch faces

on top of that i hate the new notification style, with black background and white SMALLER font

why not make this optional??!?!

i've, AGAIN been trying to get answer from Sony, NONE that were of ANY use

i mailed them at some point, got a "how to file a warranty claim", what the **bleep** is that?!?

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Issue with SW2 firmware since early December 2014, 10 days into Janurary and absolutely no response from Sony. They broke their own API and will not even acknowledge the issue!

To anyone searching the internet for info on Sony mobile products and finding this thread on this forum, DO NOT BUY SONY.

They DO NOT CARE about their customers.

I had been wondering why Sony were doing so badly financially.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Finally, after a month, a PROPER solution. Sony have put out an firmware update that corrects the 3rd party watchface issue. As usual you will need to update the SW2 app at Play Store and then the firmware update will be loaded on your SW2 the next time is connects to your phone.

So a "not a Sony issue" issue fixed by Sony with an firmware update from Sony. I wonder how that could have happened? I am really disappointed with a certain person on this forum. Setting a really, really bad example of support on this Sony support forum.