account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SmartWatch 2 - problem with connecting Alcatel One Touch 997D

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

SmartWatch 2 - problem with connecting Alcatel One Touch 997D

My SmartWatch 2 connects without problems to my Android 4.3.1 tablet Nexus 7. But it does unfortunately not connect to my Android 4.0.4 smartphone Alcatel One Touch 997D.

The blueooth pairing works, but after that the "Smart Connect" icon on the SmartWach 2 appears and I can't go on whatever I do within the "Smart Connect" app. Sometimes even this icon does not appear but just the image indicating that pairing was successfull. I have rebooted the Android smartphone many times, combined with previously deinstalling "Smart Connect" and "SmartPhone 2 SW2" - using different variations of install/deinstall procedures.

Sometimes "Smart Connect" is listing the SmartWatch on my device, but "SmartPhone 2 SW2" does not show the settings for the SmartWatch. Only once I managed that "SmartPhone 2 SW2" was recognizing the SmartWatch, so I could enter the "Info" menu. But the connection was not working, since I couldn't install smart apps nor could I check the firmware of the Smartphone.

So, something very "unstable" and non-deterministic is happening here. Is it worth to wait for updates on "Smart Connect", "SmartPhone 2 SW2" or SmartWatch 2 formwares?

Info: Firmware of the SmartWatch is actual (according to what "SmartPhone 2 SW2" told me when the SmartWatch was connected to my Nexus 7).

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: SmartWatch 2 - problem with connecting Alcatel One Touch 997D

Oh, now after two hours testing I managed (after rebooting and re-installing everything on my smartphone) to at least "Smart Connect" recognizing the SmartWatch and launching "SmartPhone 2 SW2", but without a working connection ("SmartPhone 2 SW2" not in notification bar). Then, after just rebooting the smartphone again "SmartPhone 2 SW2" is fully connected. Now it works. I hope it's stable.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: SmartWatch 2 - problem with connecting Alcatel One Touch 997D

Another update: It's quite unstable.The call handling app for example freezes and reboots my smartphone after I try to dial. There is much room for improvement ...

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: SmartWatch 2 - problem with connecting Alcatel One Touch 7041D (pop c7)

I have a similar problem: since I received it one week ago I've had problems with connecting: the first connection was right, but after two/three hours of using it disconnected and started connecting/disconnecting every 2 second so it can't be used. Than on the phone appeared the advice that the application Sony Smartwatch 2 was stopped and than I've never been able to connect the smartwatch or at last the phone said that smartwatch was connected but in fact it wasn't. Do Someone have answers?
(Scuse me for English)
N.B: my phone is an Alcatel one touch pop c7 (7041D)