account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SmartWatch 2 - Is pairing with multiple devices possible?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SmartWatch 2 - Is pairing with multiple devices possible?

I am wondering if and how I can pair my SmartWatch 2 with multiple Android devices. I mean not at the same time, but I want to use the SmartWatch with my smartphone OR with my tablet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: SmartWatch 2 - Is pairing with multiple devices possible?

To make another paring you need to reset the SW2 from Settings -> Reset SmartWatch and then pair it using NFC or search for it using bluetooth. Depending on your phone/tablet you may have to remove the pairing there as well.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I tried this here but it looks like you need to make a new pairing every time you want to switch phone.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Ok, a new pairing on each device change - this would be partly acceptable. But how do I force the SmartWatch 2 to pair to another device - keeping the other device on the list of pairable devices? Currently I only see the option to reset the SmartPhone - which is no solution I think.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

To make another paring you need to reset the SW2 from Settings -> Reset SmartWatch and then pair it using NFC or search for it using bluetooth. Depending on your phone/tablet you may have to remove the pairing there as well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the info. That is what I feared. Resetting the watch every time is not an option for daily usage ;-)