account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smart Wireless Headset Pro MW1 - Software 0.1.E.1.5 Playbackproblem

SOLVED
Regular
Message 51 of 65
Message 51 of 65

Re: Smart Wireless Headset Pro MW1 - Software 0.1.E.1.5 Playbackproblem

I have updated to the latest version

Here what i have noticed

Improvements

+No more Stuttering

+Text to Speech is now working again

+Event Log

+Icons and Font got Bigger and Better

+Better Screen?

+New Power Up/Down Animation

+It Connects to Bluetooth almost instantly after you turned it on

+Better Fade In/Out of music when incoming notifications

Need to Improve

-When Playing Radio, the screen Turns on and Off(bug?)

-Still Cannot save radio stations

-No Voice Dial

One time poster
Message 52 of 65
Message 52 of 65

Unfortunately, even with the latest 0.1.E.1.6 firmware, there's still a bug carried over from 0.1.E.1.5. If there is no active connection (eg: talking on the BT headset, streaming music, etc.) after a while (like 30 mins or more) with my Sony Xperia ZL smartphone, i cannot continue to stream music from the phone. Pressing the play button results in the software playing the song but i dont hear anything from the headset or the phone. I need to switch off BT on the phone and turn it on again to regain a working connection. This is really frustrating. I did not experience this problem with the older 0.1.D. firmware. Sony tech, PLEASE GET IT RIGHT. Its tiring waiting to get a proper working firmware from you guys.

Learner
Message 53 of 65
Message 53 of 65

This is what you gonna do:

1. Reset the MW1 headset.

2. Reboot your phone.

3. Pair the phone and the head.

After following these three steps everything will go smooth. I did exactly after updating to 0.1.E.1.6 firmware and it did work for me.

mdbahmad
One time poster
Message 54 of 65
Message 54 of 65

Thanks, the reset fixed the issue for me.

One time poster
Message 55 of 65
Message 55 of 65

Oh well it was good while it lasted. It would appear that the stuttering has returned. Not as bad as before but still very annoying.

One time poster
Message 56 of 65
Message 56 of 65

Unfortunately, my problem with the loss of streaming capability has returned despite performing a reset and re-pairing with my Xperia ZL. This is really very much a joke, with so much hassle between a SONY BT stereo headset and a SONY mobile phone. I have given up waiting for these jokers to come up with a proper and stable firmware. I have replaced my MW1 with a SBH20 stereo headset. Its not as feature rich but it works reliably without any issues. For those who may be interested, the SBH20 has a better sound quality than the MW1!!!

One time poster
Message 57 of 65
Message 57 of 65

Where can I download the fw 0.1.E.1.6 (bin file)?

Thanks

Learner
Message 58 of 65
Message 58 of 65

Go to the following link you will get the update software follow the instruction and up you go.

mdbahmad
One time poster
Message 59 of 65
Message 59 of 65

my update was interuppted and now screen is showing still loading banner . i have tried to reset it . but nothing happens . how can it be fixed?

Learner
Message 60 of 65
Message 60 of 65

To reset the headset

1. Make sure the headset is turned off .
  2. Press and hold the power key until Factory reset? appears on the headset display.
  3. Press the Next key or the Previous key to select, then press the Select key.

Follow this link to download the user manual for more instructions.

mdbahmad