account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sbh54 speaker volume

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sbh54 speaker volume

Purchased the Sbh54 over Christmas as I owned the sbh52 previously and wanted an upgrade for my Z5p.
The problem I have is that the "loud" speaker is not very loud at all. I seldom hear the thing ring and forget about using it for hands free as it sound like people are whispering from across the room.

Has anyone else experienced this or is my unit faulty?
The sbh52 was plenty loud when using the speaker. This seems like a let down to me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: Sbh54 speaker volume

that's because SBH54 doesn't have that hand free/speaker loud feature

It's the same for BRH10, which has hand free call but you can't use it as a mini speaker to listen to music like SBH52

To sum up

SBH52= hand free + speaker

SBH54= none

BRH10= hand free calls

9 REPLIES 9
Master
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

I would recommend that you visit a store that sells this and compare your device to another one. This to see if your device might be defect. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks. Will try but I have yet to find a bricks and mortar store that sells this!
Surprising as I am in central London. Used online Store ford this purchase

Will let you know if I manage to find somewhere. Just the comparison between the sbh54 and sbh52 is like night and day in terms of the loud speaker.
One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Same here. Had a very unreliable and fragile SBH52 that had excellent volume hands free,which died from moisture after 6 months (Sony refused to replace/honour the warranty). My 54 is whisper quiet hands free. It should be stated in the pre purchase spec info,as the 54 would logically appear to be a further development of the 52. Sony, your customer care and pride in your work is woeful.
One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I have the same situation... my SBH 54 loud not work absolutly. I think that feature is not included. that's incredibly... my ex SBH 52 worked wery well. Is there same possibility this feature will be activated?

Commissioner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

that's because SBH54 doesn't have that hand free/speaker loud feature

It's the same for BRH10, which has hand free call but you can't use it as a mini speaker to listen to music like SBH52

To sum up

SBH52= hand free + speaker

SBH54= none

BRH10= hand free calls

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the explanation.

My fault for assuming the SBH54 was an upgarde to the SBH52 in all apsects.  

As you stated the SBH54 does not include a loud speaker which is a shame as the ring tone volume on the device is over shadowed by the vibration feature.

With the wired earphones that come with the unit I cannot fault it, but it is a shame the loudspeaker was omitted from the device.

Thanks again.

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

strangely enough I have quite the opposite problem: The SBH54 DOES playback music (albeit VERY silently) even though headphones are connected. I can't hear anything over the earphones but the device itself (!) plays music back. What's wrong with this thing! I've already reset it multiple times - no effect. I didn't know it could play any sound aloud (not via earphones) in the first place.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I have the same problem - I've just opened a new thread.

It is very very annoying and renders the device useless.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

So sad. I was expecting it has the same loudspeaker like sph52 but... Slightly frowning Face It was so nice but i lost it. So now i am a bit disapointed from the newmodel... Slightly frowning Face It was great function!