account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SONY Smart watch 2 connection problem after update phone SONY Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

SONY Smart watch 2 connection problem after update phone SONY Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6

Hello,

I have a little problem with my Watches SONY Smart watch 2 and my phone SONY Xperia Z3 Compact

After system update to Android 6 I cannot run my watches connected with phone. After update was disconected. I tryed restart phone , watches many times. Reset watches, instal uninstal aplications Smart connect ans Smart watch 2. But the result is always the same. During the pairing proces I finich with the Smart connect on watches. then nothing and this screen is till I turn watches off or restart. I tested to pair watches with other phone (Huawei witout NFC) and there is not any problem, like was when I paired my watches first time with my phone with Android 5. Have somebodysame or similar problem and can help me solve it?

I lost my right hand Grinning Face

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: SONY Smart watch 2 connection problem after update phone SONY Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6

Remove the Watch from the pairing list in the phone.

Remove the app Smartwatch 2.

than switch the phone off.

Do a factory reset of the watch, than switch it off. (on the watch, go to Settings / Reset the watch)

Start the phone, wait for everything to be ready.

Switch-on the watch: it will end in pairing mode

In the phone, go to Settings / Bluetooth and search for the watch: let it connect with eachother

When pairing is successfull, install the app "Smartwatch 2".

It might happen that a new firmware version is being flashed in the watch.

The current version is 1.0.B.6.40  / 1.0.A.4.11

I have the same phone and watch as you have and it works perfect with eachother.

PS: have you given the app the right to use your contacts, memory storage and sms?

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: SONY Smart watch 2 connection problem after update phone SONY Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6

Hi,

I tryed this steps, but the result is same ... end with "Smart connect" screen on watches and not possibe to run Smart Watch 2 aplication on phone, becouse it is not shown in smarrt connect aplication under Smart watch 2 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Was the Bluetooth pairing between phone and watch successful?
Without a proper pairing nothing will work ....

This process has nothing to do with the Smartwatch app.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Same issue on Z3 and 6.0.1 .  even update zo FW 0575 did not help. Sometimes I manage to pair, but will last only as long as SW2 will not loose BT connection for less than 5 min.

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Same problem. Smartwatch 2 are constantly losing connection with smartphone and reset to the factory settings. SW2 +Xperia Z3compact (android 6.0.1)
One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

There is same problem for Xperia z5 to Smartwtch 2 too. First time searched phone finding the watch, after than different sceen coming on watch and searching for phone but there is no result. I'm really going to mad. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Bernd, this worked for me and I now have my watch back :-) :-) :-)