account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SBH80 disappointing

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

SBH80 disappointing

I was so looking forward to SBH80 and when i finally got it i am disappointed. Firstly there are no battery meter shown on iOS devices which is such a common feature on BT headsets now.

Secondly when paired with two devices while listening to audio on one device if there are any notifications or sounds played on the second device it causes the audio stream to stutter and break on the first device. It also doesn't pair with both devices when turn on so you have to manually go to the second device and pair it in the BT menu.

I am using iPhone and iPad so i guess no iOS love from Sony.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: SBH80 disappointing

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm not sure about how iOS devices generally works when it comes to showing accessory battery level in phone. But perhaps there is an app for this on app store?

Regarding the stuttering problem could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Build number:

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

iOS devices usually automatically display the battery level, if the BT device supports it.  My Plantronics Backbeat Go displays the battery level on the iOS device.  No app required.

I am using the SBH80 with my personal iPhone and company Android handset, so I can listen to my music (on my iPhone) and still answer either personal or work calls.

I'm also disappointed that the second device isn't automatically connected.  Every other multipoint device I've used (such as my Bose handsfree headset, my old Jabra headset and my Parrot car handsfree kit) automatically connects to both devices.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Is it easy to use with siri? How is it activated?

Thank you

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

George,

yes it works quite easily with SIRI. Simply activate SIRI using the iphone home key or the headset dial button and Siri appaears asking for your input.

works quite nicely 

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi, Johan. Please can you confirm if there are any plans to add functionality to SBH-80 to display battery level on an iOS device (either via an app, widget or Bluetooth battery level indicator icon)? There don't appear to be any third party apps that do this.
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem and more 

anybody calling me cant hear in good way i have to reset imy sbh-80 more than one time to work for one call then do that again the caller hear shshshshshsh 

please help?