account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SBH80 bluetooth headphones won't turn on

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

SBH80 bluetooth headphones won't turn on

I just got my SBH80 headphones a little over 4 months ago as a birthday present, and now suddenly they won't turn on. Was listening to kusic when the headphones just suddenly shut down and when I went to charge it, light went fron red to green pretty quickly (so the battery wasn't empty). Tried turning it on, and it wouldn't turn on. Tried a hard reset (press down call button whilst headphones charging until there is the vibrarion), but still nothing. When I tried charging again, the lights went from red to green in a matter of seconds. It's harder now coz I won’t get warranty as my friend threw out the receipt. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: SBH80 bluetooth headphones won't turn on

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that your SBH80 is working as it should now again!

That is very hard for me to answer, however since a reset was able to solve it, it does sound like it's related to hardware at least.

I hope that it will continue to work without you having to reset it from time to time!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi @eh_98, sorry to hear about your SBH80 not turning on. Slightly frowning Face

In this case I'm afraid that there is not much left to try since you have already performed a reset of the headset. You can however try charging it with a different charger for 2-3 hours and see if you are able to power it on after doing that.

If your friend that you got the headset from as a present know which store the product was purchased from he or she may be able o contact the store or the retailer and ask them for a digital copy of the receipt. I would also recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and ask them how to proceed with the repair if you can't get a hold of the receipt. They are the experts on your specific market/region and are well informed on local service routines, warranty, consumer laws and so forth.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @eh_98, sorry to hear about your SBH80 not turning on. Slightly frowning Face

In this case I'm afraid that there is not much left to try since you have already performed a reset of the headset. You can however try charging it with a different charger for 2-3 hours and see if you are able to power it on after doing that.

If your friend that you got the headset from as a present know which store the product was purchased from he or she may be able o contact the store or the retailer and ask them for a digital copy of the receipt. I would also recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and ask them how to proceed with the repair if you can't get a hold of the receipt. They are the experts on your specific market/region and are well informed on local service routines, warranty, consumer laws and so forth.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Jonas, I did as you suggested and waited for 2-3 hours before using a different charger, and that seemed to work. My headphones seem to be working as per normal right now, so thankyou for the help Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@eh_98 wrote:

@Jonas wrote:

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Jonas, I did as you suggested and waited for 2-3 hours before using a different charger, and that seemed to work. My headphones seem to be working as per normal right now, so thankyou for the help Slightly smiling Face

As stated earlier, yesterday it had seemed that my headset was working fine again. However, when I tried turning them on just then, the headphones would vibrate briefly and flash a green light before turning back off again. If I were to hold the power button down, the headset would vibrate pulsingly every few seconds whilst flashing a green light. Is there anything else I can do to fix this other than another hard reset?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi again!

That sounds very strange, you shouldn't have to reset your SBH80 on a daily basis, that is not how the product is supposed to work!

I would recommend that you try another reset and keep using the headset as you normally would do and see if experience the same behavior the next day or the day after that.

Keep me posted!

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi again, Jonas. I did as you said, and for the past few days my headphones have been working as per normal. Do you have any ideas as to what had happened to the headphones that caused them to have broken down in the first place (internally, that is)?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that your SBH80 is working as it should now again!

That is very hard for me to answer, however since a reset was able to solve it, it does sound like it's related to hardware at least.

I hope that it will continue to work without you having to reset it from time to time!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Guys I have found the problem and I think it has to do with software. To make a long story short, in order to prevent such problem make sure that when you charge the they are turned off

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi @IOS25, welcome to our forum!

Thank you for this information and let me know if there is anything you need assistance with!