account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SBH60 low quality sound when Skyping

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

SBH60 low quality sound when Skyping

I've just bought SBH60 to get freedom of being wireless for my Skype calls.

I tried SBH60 in a Skype call and was badly surprised.

SBH60 produces very low sound quality during Skype call both from its microphone - 8000Hz only and its dynamics - 8000Hz.

I bought SBH60 to replace my LifeChat LX-3000 and SBH60 in comparison to LX-3000 when skyping.

Why the sound quality I have with SBH60 while Skyping is so low?

Are there any settings for SBH60 that I could miss?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: SBH60 low quality sound when Skyping

Hi,

There are no specific settings for this and if I understand you correctly, you only experience this while using Skype? If it's only a low volume while using Skype, I suggest that you contact the developers to see if they can look closer into it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. But this is not the helpful one.

First, I said "low quality" - not the "low volume".

Second, I did not say that this is "Skype-only" issue. I just shown one of the examples when SBH60 produces low quality sound and recording.

If formulate the question more general: how can I setup SBH60 to work higher than on 8000Hz (both for sound and mic) if I use both SBH60's output and input ?

Looking forward to hearing from you or SONY tech support team.

Thanks.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

As I said before, there are no settings to change this on the headset. Which Xperia phone is the headset connected to or what other product are you using it with? In general when you are using the headset to listen to music, it uses the standard bluetooth profile for this which will give higher quality compared to the bluetooth profile used for two way audio.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.