account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SBH54 - music from speaker but not headphones

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

SBH54 - music from speaker but not headphones

At the weekend my Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH54 decided that it wouldn't output music to my headphones, but would only use the internal speaker.

Headphones were connected, as demonstrated by the fact that the radio option existed in the menu, but no amount of factory resetting/connecting/disconnecting would fix.

A day later it had magically fixed itself.

Today I went out for a run and 3 minutes my streaming podcast stopped coming out of the headphones and would only come out of the internal speaker.

Phone is a Xperia Z5 and phone software and Smart Connect are at the latest versions.

Has anyone else seen this?

Any ideas whether my hardware is broken or is this a firmware issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: SBH54 - music from speaker but not headphones

I would recommend you to go to near by service center and check whether everything is fine or not might be something got Cracked
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Richard2016,

It's hard to say what could have caused this. If it does happen again you should contact your Local support team for more information on how to get your device sent to an authorised service center, as Tom3321 also suggested.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I sent the unit back and got a replacement. Fingers crossed this one is OK.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

So the replacement unit worked for a week and then had the same problem.

This seems to be some sort of chronic firmware issue maybe?

In any case I'm giving up on this as it is totally unusable. What a shame  Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

i have two ones with the very same problem but in egypt warranty is just 3 months

shame on sony