account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Adviser
Message 31 of 117
Message 31 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Update: Sony has released an updated version of app and firmware for the device without description of changes made.
Message 32 of 117
Message 32 of 117

Yeah, Just received couple of hours ago.

I will try with resetting everything to factory settings,

pair phoneswith sbh54 and then share my thoughts later.

I dont know if the act so quick. It would be amazing.

Inhabitant
Message 33 of 117
Message 33 of 117

Yes. Updated since morning. Now I am adding sms and Whatsapp notifications. So far so good. Will continue to keep it on for a few days under normal conditions to test.

I hope this thread heralded the quick response. Appreciate it.

Adviser
Message 34 of 117
Message 34 of 117

Certainly, a heartfelt thanks to the forum team here and engineers at Sony for their continued efforts. The device seems stable comparatively. Though I have a suggestion with still concerns the app. It still exits upon clearing recent list in Android. The app seems to invoke "com.sonymobile.smartwear.notification.AndroidNotificationListenerService" which should stay active despite the application state. But seems like it follows an exit with the app. On Sony products, it's better, elsewhere on LG and Samsung, the app struggles to keep up. There's ample space for improvement here.
Inhabitant
Message 35 of 117
Message 35 of 117

Hi,

Results were not so good eventhough it seemed to be a bit more stable. Did the reinstall of the app and factory reset of SBH54. After about 24 hours:

1. Cannot access to previous calls eventhough it stated "Connected" from the app.

2. No notifications received eventhough it stated "Connected" from the app.

3. Cannot make phonecalls through SBH54 eventhough it stated "Connected" from the app.

Basically it seems like the SBH54 was disconnected and not detected by the app. Slightly frowning Face

Anyone else has better results or is it only me?

Adviser
Message 36 of 117
Message 36 of 117

A couple of days into this update and a few observations are certain. The app seems to have gained stability in the realm of connectivity, at least it tires to reflect the system wide status of bluetooth device. Functionality, however is a different story. As stated by Joshua,

1. Phonebook is elusive, on Z3C, it can't access the log prior to installation of app. Does the app maintain its own database?

2. The Call/Reject button must offer instant access to call log instead of gyrating arrows.

3. Notifications are still not consistently reflected on the device. The notification listener service must not disappear when the app is cleared from Android recent screen?

4. Support for non Sony hardware needs to be improved.
Message 37 of 117
Message 37 of 117

Hi there,

I do not know if sony was planning to release this update before our complaints here but anyway thanks.

It seems more stable. At least better than before about connectivity. It is occasionally disconnect itself again and seems that there is no special cause for that.

still freezing at the last call list or freezing while trying to call the last call numbers.

didnt try to use notification features. not sure about that.

Also when i m turning this on at the mornings, it is pairing with the secondary phone first. and not connect to primary phone.

So i have to turn on the bluetooht of the primary phone first, connect with that and then turn on the secondary after that. 

it wasnt like this at the sbh50.

As i wrote before, i was trying to use with 2 phones installed with sbh54 app but didnt workout, didnt try after updates. Will see.

And i want to add one more thing, names coming too late after receving calls. i can see number but not the names. i had to wait till name appears.

I hope they will work on that too.

Inhabitant
Message 38 of 117
Message 38 of 117

Hi, 

Turned off the notifications and is apparently more stable.

24 hours now without any disconnections. Calls comes in and able to call out from SBH54.

Thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 39 of 117
Message 39 of 117

Re: SBH54 Disconnects by Itself

Sorry. One more thing to add.

If the unit was out of range, it did not re-connect itself when it was back in range of the Bluetooth signal. I have to turn on and off to re-connect it.

Thanks.

paw
Apprentice
Message 40 of 117
Message 40 of 117

I Have purchased SBH54 recently. using the same with Lenevo K4 note, when app SBH54 open it shows firmware to be updated but when it actually start updating it does nothing and get iturrepted automatically.

another major issue is when I recieve incomming call through SBH54 it never end the call from the same button. actual call is ended on the phone but the SBH display shows call is connected and call timer is running untill I switch it off.