account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Message 11 of 117
Message 11 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Hi There,

I just received my SBH54 and regret at the first moment.

I was using Sbh50 for 2 years already and I know how it connects and when it disconnect most of the time and crashes etc.

I'm using Sbh54 with 2 phone at the same time. Samsung Galaxy Note4 and Samsung S4

When Sbh54 software working at the same time on both phones, it seems that cannot decide where to connect primarily even i choose primary phone both on phone software and on sbh54 itself.

So I uninstall sbh54 software from one of my phone.

It is literally slower than sbh50, showing caller id, answering phone from the button on Sbh54, showing lasr call list on sbh 54 etc, almost everything.

I didn't try without earbuds yet. I'll let you know about that too later.

Also disconnect itself when i try to see last call or just answering incoming call with the sbh54 button.

I refreshed bluetooth connection couple of times, delete all connection data and pair with the phones but no solution yet. It was working with sbh50 but not on sbh54.

Please let me know if there is a planned software update or not soon.

Thanks

Adviser
Message 12 of 117
Message 12 of 117

Ok, seems like the problem lies with the application itself. The application instead of starting a background service depends entirely upon running in the foreground with its notification hung in the status bar. If the application is closed or removed from recent history, it ceases to relay information to the headset which results in erratic device behaviour.

I'd request the developers at Sony to consider the application design and ensure connectivity at all times.
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 117
Message 13 of 117

Problem is no one from Sony side is replying on this issue. Isn't this the Support Forum?

Adviser
Message 14 of 117
Message 14 of 117

Sony SBH54 Auto-Disconnect

This is a sincere request to revive support for SBH54 bluetooth headset as the device is severely crippled because of inconsistent wireless connectivity and synchronisation issues.

I shall try to list certain problems that may not be generally experienced by all users.

1. The mobile application disconnects from the device while the systems indicates otherwise. Calls may be possible to and from but phonebook is not accessible as the server application has no clue about the device connectivity.

2. As and when the device reconnects, microphone on the device may cease to capture voice so the caller does not hear anything. Only a manual reconnect resolves the issue.

3. The call/recent button on device attempts to access the call log but after an unusually long delay of about 15-30 seconds either displays the last dialed number for a fraction of second or what appears to be a crash, skips to default time screen.

4. Multi-Connectivity mode is incable of differentiating the priority phone and often performs an arbitrary connectivity attempt on either phones.

5. If device is connected without the application installed on the phone, caller name is not displayed on the device. This however was possible even on Sony Ericsson MW600.

Now, since the device relies heavily on the server application installed on the phone, it appears the application does not initiate a background service that could monitor notification and call log. The application instead runs as a process and when it is cleared from Android's recent list, also ceases to relay information to the headset which results in erratic device behaviour.

Moreover, the application should have an option to hide perpetual notification card. This can still be done by clearing recent applications but that also kills the application and the device falls back to a basic Radio/Music/Settings screen.

I hope this request will be taken seriously and solution would be offered by permanently resolving these bugs.

Thank you.
Message 15 of 117
Message 15 of 117

Re: Sony SBH54 Auto-Disconnect

@joshua2415

Indeed it's a support forums, but it's mainly user based.

You did mark the topic as solved, thus it will not get attention of Sony representatives. And if the problem does not happen in safe mode, then as Uliwooly said: it's a 3rd party app (Non-Google, Non-Sony app) that might be conflicting with your SBH54 app. You'll need to uninstall you apps one by one and test the headset until it get resolved. Or you can factory reset or perform a software repair using PC Companion then install your apps one by one and test your headset in between until you know which app exactly is conflicting.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 16 of 117
Message 16 of 117

@joshua2415

@AntrixP

@ahmetsahinahmet

Try refreshing your SmartConnect and SBH54 apps:

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Unistall updates, Clear data.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> SBH54 -> Clear data and restart your phone.
- Go to your Play Store and update Smart Connect again (If you managed to Unistall updates in first step).

- Pair you SBH54 again by touching NFC tags.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 17 of 117
Message 17 of 117

@Quester, thanks for the concern here. The thread itself seems abandoned, therefore I initiated another but that was merged into this.

I have tried all possible ways including the ones you have suggested but the problems it not that. It is the application which needs to run at all times in the foreground. The moment you clear recent apps in Android, this one simply gets killed. Furthermore, when the app is running in background (put through Home key) is spotty at best.

It's important to understand that this device inherits the most important function of a phone, and it is Imperative that it functions with reliability.
Message 18 of 117
Message 18 of 117

@AntrixP

Just to make one point clear: Clearing apps from recent apps interface will indeed kill the SBH54 app with it, this case is not a bug or malfunction, it's how Android works.

Adviser
Message 19 of 117
Message 19 of 117

On a different note this is certainly how this app is not supposed to work. This is not reported as a bug either. I've requested an app redesign however since this isnt merely an app but a server to the device. It must initiate a service not a process. As an illustration, when one clears WhatsApp, the messages are still received.
Message 20 of 117
Message 20 of 117

Hi @Quester,

Thank you so much.

I did as U instructed but did not help.

By the way, I am using this for 2 phones at the same time. Note4 and Samsung S4

Before this, i was using sbh50 and it was not cause this much problem. About disconnection etc.

Most of the time it seems that it is connected but it is not. And when u first turn on the bluetooth and waiting for the connection, it is not connected as supposed to.

And, you cannot install sbh54 for both of the phones because it confuses itself. I am using Note4 as primary phone so installed sbh54 app to there. Otherwise, it continuously disconnect itself after and after from each one. Cannot determine which phone to connect even i choose the prior phone from the phone or on sbh54 settings no matter what. 

It seems that u cannot use sbh54 app at the secondary phone and sony just forgot to mention this on the manual.

Thanks anyway, I think there is no solution until sony take this comments into consideration which I will be more than happy to give my user experience. Because there is not much similar product with screen and vibration. I m doing my job on the phone and talking and sending-receving calls all day long. So connectivity is a must for me and this is the one of the most expensive product on the market so I am waiting some smooth working style and no trouble all day long.

Please help SONY

Thanks