account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Message 51 of 117
Message 51 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

After all these problems, still waiting an update but there is no one answering now.

At least they could tell that they are dealing with these issues.

I wanna tell one important thing about this issue. I was using SBH50. Which is almost same device without internal speaker and vibration with different case.

Sbh50 and Sbh54 both using almost same screen, same interface and almost same types of connectivity problems etc.

Still SBH50 have less issues than sbh54. Why they cannot fix some of them with a comparison of sbh50?

I dont know rest of the customers using sbh54 but i m using this device for my all day long business calls and lots of people calling from back side while i m talkıng with someone else. And all sound muted both side when the second call ended while i m still speaking on the first one. REALLY ANNOYING.  It was same at sbh50 but they managed to fix that in a short notice after started to using that.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP US? Can anyone from Sony answer to us and enlighten us in a way? 

I want an answer if Sony working on a solution about these issues which i wrote very detailed from my previous posts already 10 times maybe?

If yes, please tell us. If not, I will stop using these crap.

Thanks

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 52 of 117
Message 52 of 117

Think I have posted this in the wrong thread.

I have uninstalled and disabled Smart Connect. Left my SBH54 connected the whole night. So far this morning it is still connected. Now let's see how it goes for the rest of the day. One thing to note is that when it is out of range, it will not autoconnect. Must reconnect using the app.

Inhabitant
Message 53 of 117
Message 53 of 117

Back to square 1. It still disconnects.

Gosh! I wish we have some developers to recode the whole software. I don't mind buying them a six pack or more for them! Any takers?

Frustrated!

Learner
Message 54 of 117
Message 54 of 117

Same random disconnect and not auto connect issues. Why do we need a companion app for this device to work when most of its features a free available they Bluetooth. My car has the most basic stereo connection via Bluetooth is automatic every time.

I also get access to phonebook, call log and name and number of caller appear on car screen. Bt steaming also works a treat.

All this is achieved with a basic car stereo and no accompanied app on my phone. This device baffles me.
Learner
Message 55 of 117
Message 55 of 117

Also just to add, I understand the app may be needed for notifications, but surly we can use this device without the app to just use for 'basic' Bluetooth functions.
Learner
Message 56 of 117
Message 56 of 117

New app update and firmware
App version: 1.3.34
Firmware: 1.4.A.1.9

Used for about a day or 2 and still the device does not connect automatically to Xperia z2 phone when Bluetooth connection is lost.

I need to re-establish Bluetooth connection manually.
Message 57 of 117
Message 57 of 117

So, we got an update and getting worse and worse.

Still same connection problems, no different at all. at least as i can see.

Plus, bluetooth turn it off itself when answer a call for a couple of seconds. cant hear at all then connection restores.

SONY please give some proper advise. what should we do? 

Rookie
Message 58 of 117
Message 58 of 117

Hi people.

I have been experiencing the same issues people complain here. I've read all the comments of 6 pages and I cannot understand why Sony people seem like they don't understand the issue while they actually can. Are you trying to distract people?

As far as I can see, AntrixP states everything step by step very celarly but he's been intentionally misunderstood.

For a hardware which is naturally expected to work all the time must never rely on a foreground application; rather than a service. And he gives a perfect example like Whatsapp and says although you close the Whatsapp application, you still receive messages; since it's running on a service. But when he says that, he gets an answer like; "you shouldn't close the app". Really? Is that all what we get?

I bought this headset today and I can confirm all the errenous behaviour told in this thread like;

1- Disconnects arbitrarily and sometimes cannot connect back. For example while listening to music, it cuts off and in a second it reconnects back. But sometimes it can't.

2- Call log takes a great time to load on the screen; and most of the times it even can't; and falls back to the default screen. Sometimes it loads the call log but from a very old date like 2 weeks before. If I try to reload the log, it sometimes gets 1 or 2 days forward and that's all.

3- It sometimes displays the caller name and it sometimes doesn't. And yes it's the same caller.

4- Text to Speech never worked for me and yes all the settings are correct. Notifications are on, text to speech is on and a supported language is selected.

5- It arbitrarily displays the notifications and sometimes doesn't. Different phones react to it differently; although it's all the same settings.

6- Closing the application confuses the status; like for example it says the headset is disconnected but actually it is. Or media is playing on the phone but paused on the headset; and vice versa. For example if you click the play button, it shows like it started playing, but actually it paused on the phone.

7- After a hard resetting of the headset and clearing the application after resetting it too; it never connects to media now. It wan't also connecting to voice call; after a couple of hard resetting now voice call works but I never could make the media work again. It's grayed out in the service list and if I try to reconnect, it hangs on the "connecting" screen for a long time and grays out back again.

What I can say is; the hardware rocks but the software.I expected more than that from Sony. At least a "fairly working" software was my very little expectation.

I will be watching to see if Sony really cares about it's customers, while I know in my country, Sony service is hardly helpful and never resolves the problems. Now I really feel like the headquarters tell them to do so. I didn't think that I will regret buying such a relatively expensive product.

Edit: At the time I wrote this message; I had already updated the application and the headset firmware.

Update:

1- Now media function started to work again arbitrarily. I didn't do anything for it. I bet it will cut it off at some point again; as it's been doing for the last couple of hours.

2- The application started to update status to "disconnected" while I am in the app! Yes, you've read correctly; I don't close the app; though I am right inside of it; it suddenly indicates the headset is disconnected; while actually it's not! I can see it on the bluetooth icon and the headset keeps working while "disconnected"!

3- If it indicates disconnected, while it actually is not; it stops showing the caller name. Rather it displays only the number.

Some suggestions;

1- Volume control cuts the sound off to play the indicator signal. For example you are in the middle of a phone call; when you click voice down or voice up button; it plays a signaling sound cutting the conversation off for a second; so you can't hear anything. That signal sound should play on the background simultaneouly with the phone call or media.

2- The application must have a service rather than relying only on a foreground application.

3- There should be an option to disable the constant "connected" indicator on the statusbar.

And a question;

The headset lists three services available. The first two are we all know what they're for; "voice call" and "media". And what's the third option "HID" for, which displays a joystick next to it's explanation that says "Keyboard, mouse".

Rookie
Message 59 of 117
Message 59 of 117

Solution for SBH54 abnormal behaviour

Regarding this topic;

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Wireless-accessories/SBH54-Discoonects-by-Itself/m-p/1125661

So many people have been facing these bunch of problems with SBH54 and there hasn't been a solution from Sony side yet. I have found a solution for some of the problems mentioned.

Turning off bluetooth for "Ok Google" feature solved these problems;

1- Arbitrary disconnection still happens but a lot less.

2- Media function is working now, as it wasn't functioning most of the times.

3- Call log opens a lot faster now and operates correctly. It was taking a lot time to load and most of the times it couldn't even load.

4- SBH54 application malfunctioning is solved mostly. It still has a sync issue but not a big deal now. And also "connect" menu is working now; it didn't work before. That menu is what I use while the headset is actually connected but the app shows disconnected. It's still annoying that you have to tap that manually time to time; but at least it's working now.

5- Caller name displays now correctly. It sometimes didn't show the caller name before.

6- Notifications malfunctioning is gone away.

7- Text to speech is working now, it never worked before.

Some other problems OTH remain like;

1- Sometimes it resets itself and I have to reconfigure everything.

2- Still disconnects sometimes.

3- SBH54 app is having a sync problem from time to time. For example it shows disconnected while actually it's not.

Suggestions and a question also remains from the other thread;

1- Volume control cuts the sound off to play the indicator signal. For example you are in the middle of a phone call; when you click voice down or voice up button; it plays a signaling sound cutting the conversation off for a second; so you can't hear anything. That signal sound should play on the background simultaneouly with the phone call or media.

2- The application must have a service rather than relying only on a foreground application.

3- There should be an option to disable the constant "connected" indicator on the statusbar.

And a question;

The headset lists three services available. The first two are we all know what they're for; "voice call" and "media". And what's the third option "HID" for, which displays a joystick next to it's explanation that says "Keyboard, mouse".

Message 60 of 117
Message 60 of 117

Dear Friends,

My sbh54 is not working.

I was listening radio and voice has been gone. I tried to start again but it did not.

Later i have a call and earplugs didnot work. can talk from device itself though but not the earbuds.

Now i came home and try to restart it but it does not. and when i put it in charge it shows some first time screen. please see below.

On the left side, there is a paper with ascii code. first line 101 and second line 010 and arrow directed to device. I assume that it is a fatal error and try to tell me that it needs software again? 

Please help

20160625_003004.jpg