account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Adviser
Message 41 of 117
Message 41 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Welcome Paw, thanks for contributing to the forum, we are awaiting updates from Sony and hope this time they would not disappoint.
paw
Apprentice
Message 42 of 117
Message 42 of 117

but it shows update available for firmware and not able to update on bluetooth. I tried with PC companion but there SBH54 is not at all listed there is up to SBH52.

currently it not usable as some time call doesn't end. call register is not syncronised always.

should I take to service center?

or any way I can update the firmware? i think the update will resolve the issues

Adviser
Message 43 of 117
Message 43 of 117

Paw, the new update hasn't solved much of the issues, hence were here still seeking resolution. If possible, try the update using a Sony phone. Perhaps you can borrow a phone from a friend. Keep us posted.
Message 44 of 117
Message 44 of 117

By the way,

Another issue forgot to mention before,

Talking on one phone and new call coming from the other phone and it mutes the actual call for a second and it really annoying since i m always talking on the phone.

It was same at the sbh50 at first but then they fix that with an update as i remember.

Please, it si really important. If you are thinking about a new update. Please make sure to fix that too.

Thanks so much

Message 45 of 117
Message 45 of 117

Dear Sony,

Please help us. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Please check my previous complaints,

And even getting worse day by day,

It just disconnect itself again from my primar phone. Usually i turn off and on bluettoth and connect by itself again. (And always i have to turn off the secondary phone because when it connect to secondary at first cant see primar phone at all. anyway)

This time couldnt connect to phone.

I turn it off completely, didnt work

Started from the factory settings and disconnect pairings from both phones by the way. didnt work again

i turn the phone off completely and on again. didnt work again.

at last, i uninstall sbh54 application and sony smart connect than install again.

finally connected from bluetooth.

SBH54 disconnect itself without any specific reason and it is not woking how it supposed to be and cant connect in a normal way.

Please sony please.

On behalf of our community. Please solve this issues as soon as possible. I do not know how many sbh54 you are selling all over the world but i m sure that all of your customers having this issues one way or another. 

Your own applications does not support sbh54 as you can see from previous posts.

I m trying to registrate sbh54 from your web page but it doesnot support too.

What should we do to you to take us into consideration anyhow.

This is one of the most expensive product on the market and the only one with the screen on itself with earbuds, UNFORTUNATELY. Believe me, if there will be any other choice, i will buy another brand for next time.

paw
Apprentice
Message 46 of 117
Message 46 of 117

I also tried with sony phone to update the firmware of SBH54, but it not getting updated. It shows updating and blank bar appear on the SBH54 but after some time update intterputed message appears and SBH54 restarts automatically.

worst problem I am facing is in between ongoing voice stops inbtween but call is in progress on phone. then I have to diconnect the call from phone. but SBH54 shows call in progress and in this situation none of the button on SBH54 is responding except power off.

this happens almost to every call so I have to keep this unit aside as it doesn't serve the basic porpose of it.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 47 of 117
Message 47 of 117

Seems like not much changed.

1. Still randomly disconnect though slightly less but the fact is it still randomly disconnect.

2. It showed connected but calls came through phone speaker.

3. Did not reconnected when come in range with phone. Must manually reconnect using its app.

Others have other issues?

paw
Apprentice
Message 48 of 117
Message 48 of 117

1) call voice stops inbetween even call is in progress. then need to select phone speaker and continue. in this case when call is disconnected from the phone SBH 52 will still counting call duration till I switch it off. (no other key works in this case)

2) Some time it synchronize call log and some time not ( can't create condition its randomly)

3) did not shown notifications since I bought it

4) others above are same

One time poster
Message 49 of 117
Message 49 of 117

Dear All,

I too am facing similar issues as you are all facing and have made a list of issues:  I have had MW600 & SBH50, and I feel the MW600 was the most mature of all these products.  SBH50 was better and SBH54 is the worst product and I am really disappointed with Sony

1.  Occassionally disconnects with the mobile - I have Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.

2.  Battery life is poor - lasts only for one day

3.  Cannot display the messages - just shows that there is a new notification - but does not display the message - this is too bad - SBH50 could display the complete SMS message and read it out too!!!

4.  Takes a lot of time to display the call log - and is erratic - some times after 15 - 20 seconds the call log is displayed for a second and it goes back to main screen, while many other times, the call log is not displayed at all.

5.  Very difficult to pair and get this working stably across multiple devices

6.  When trying to place a call from call log - takes 15 - 20 seconds to respond and initiate a call.

7.  In all respects either SBH54 is a terrible product or the software supporting SBH54 is terrible.

This is a bad product from Sony and unless otherwise it is resolved quickly, I plan to take legal action on Sony for delivering and selling a faulty product.

paw
Apprentice
Message 50 of 117
Message 50 of 117

really its not worth what we paid for. its only stream music continouosly without disconnection. but during call even single call could not completed till now.