account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Message 21 of 117
Message 21 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Hi @Quester,

I was using sbh50 before this and it wasn't like this.

Even u clear the ram off or clear all running programs sbh50 app was staying at the system tray.

And it wasnt effecting the connectivity or cause disconnection at all.

I used sbh50 for 2 years everyday and i know what i m talking about.

Thanks

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 22 of 117
Message 22 of 117

Hi Quester, Thank you for replying. I have an old Plantronics Bluetooth in-ear head piece. I can use it as a media player (eventhough it is only 1 ear). I can use it to talk through Skype, Viber and Whatsapp. The connection is continuous through the 2 days until it's battery died, no disconnections at all. My shb54 cannot even last 1 day without loss of connection! 

Why must closing the app effect the connection when my old Plantronics needed no app? Granted they used different algorithm but I felt it shouldn't be this way. Even my old SBH52 has the same issues as the SBH54. Sony really need to look into this issue seriously. 

Maybe I might have accidentally clicked on the Solved issue. I am sorry but it is still not resolved. Maybe this thread can assist those have are having issues and garner a strong presence for Sony to take notice.

Thank you again for trying to help.

Adviser
Message 23 of 117
Message 23 of 117

This thread needs to be elevated if that's a possibility.
Inhabitant
Message 24 of 117
Message 24 of 117

Just to report further.

Before writing my above thread I have turned on my SBH54 and made a call. After posting it, a call came in and the sound came from my phone speaker, eventhough my SBH54 indicated it was still connected with my phone. Any explainations? In a space of about 20mins it's disconnected. 

Adviser
Message 25 of 117
Message 25 of 117

How do we report these issues directly to Sony as resolution will require technical intervention from Sony. These are not merely bugs but plain oversight in testing and product design.

Message 26 of 117
Message 26 of 117

@AntrixP

@joshua2415

@ahmetsahinahmet

The way to report issues is to contact your Local support, you should be able to report issues or submit suggestions through this link. I'll also try to escalate this issue.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 27 of 117
Message 27 of 117

@Quester, thank you for the support, we would be glad for this help.

According to the online Sony support chat which I performed recently, advised that the device be submitted to a service center and the work order number be then shared with the online support portal. I did discuss the ubiquitous nature of issues with this device, but they insist this to be taken through the ground channel up. It's clear that the issues involved can't be resolved at the user end and must involve technical support representatives at Sony.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 117
Message 28 of 117

I'm sorry to hear about your experince with SBH54 and i've forwarded your feedback internally.

When testing this here, it works fine as long as i don't close the app so right now, i can only advice that you avoid closing the host app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 29 of 117
Message 29 of 117

Hi Rickard,

Thank you for your answer about this. 

I do not know under which conditions u r testing the device but as you can see more than one complaint coming with the same reason.

As i mentioned at first, I am using Samsung Galaxy S4 as a secondary, and Samsung Galaxy Note4 as primary.

Please check my previous posts about this. I have really interesting problems. You cannot install sbh54 app to both phones at the same time. It wasnot like this at sbh50 and believe me sbh50 connectivity was far more better than sbh54. And all features almost same at the user side except vibration.

Yes i was experiencing some of same problems also at the sbh50 but rarely. But with sbh54 it happens twice or three times in a day and really bugging me each time.

I can put all my problems together and send it again to you if it will be helpful. please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Adviser
Message 30 of 117
Message 30 of 117

Dear Rickard, it encouraging to see your presence and we are glad for escalating this issue. Like many users here, it hasn't been a pleasant beginning with the device, but we have given our best shot with sincerity and in the absence of solution, resorted to discuss them here. The device disconnects intermittently and the app reflects conflicting states with unreliable results. The issues call for active participation from Sony and we believe both the device firmware and app deserve serious design considerations.