account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 117
Message 1 of 117

SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

Start this thread for those who have this problem and press Sony to solve it.

Just got myself SBH54, to replace my 1 year old SBH52 which disconnect itself every now and then. Was hoping 54 will not have this issue.

Tested it today and UNFORTUNATELY this 54 also disconnected by itself. On my LTE Z4 tablet it shows it was connected but on the 54 itself, it was disconnected. When I opened the 54 app, it showed the 54 was disconnected. I tried to click on it to reconnect, nothing happened.

But Under Setting, Bluetooth, my 54 still showed it was connected. But the 54 was NOT CONNECTED at all!

Please Sony. Not again! Had this issue with 52 and now this?. Please address this issue! I thought this SBH52/54 is a very cool idea as I don't have to take out my tablet when I make/take calls. Now I have to turn on and off again to reconnect when I have calls. Not designed to be this way right Sony?

116 REPLIES 116
Message 2 of 117
Message 2 of 117

Re: SBH54 Discoonects by Itself

I have a SBH52 for more than a year now, never witnessed disconnection with my old Z1 and my current Z3 phones.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 117
Message 3 of 117

Hi,

Interesting as I tested my sbh52 on my friend's z2 and no problems at all. I used it on my Z3 Tablet compact.

I have tried many resets, reinstall...etc. Wonder are there any settings I need to do? Now even my sbh52 randomly disconnects with my Z4 tablet.

I thought this SBH54 can solve this issue but still the same Slightly frowning Face. Any magic settings?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 117
Message 4 of 117

What if you boot on safe mode, do you encounter the same problem?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 117
Message 5 of 117

Hi,

Thanks for your tip. Tried the safe mode for both sbh52 and 54, no issues. When back to normal mode, disconnected randomly.

Now with SBH54, I tried and only activate Whatsapp. When messages came in, it just hanged and forced close the SBH54 app which then disconnected from my tablet. I reconnected it and when another message came it, the SBH54 did not notify me but remains connected.

Scratching head now.

Emperor
Message 6 of 117
Message 6 of 117

@joshua2415

The issue its created by a third party app, you will have to uninstall one by one until you find the culprit

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 117
Message 7 of 117

Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-17-23.png

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 117
Message 8 of 117

See the inserted screenshoot in my earlier post.

App says SBH54 disconnected but the icon on top left shows SBH54 connected.

Why?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 117
Message 9 of 117

Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-30-01.png

Another screenshot this time at the Bluetooth setting. Top left indicates SBH54 connected. App indicates SBH54 disconnected. Phone calls still comes through SBH54. But media and songs comes from tablet speakers. SBH54 indicates no media but Under it's setting the media is ticked.

Confused!

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 117
Message 10 of 117

There are still no solutions? Good device, let down by the intermittent connections