account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SBH52 keeps randomly disconnect

Learner
Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: SBH52 keeps randomly disconnect

I have exactly the same problem even my Sony sw2 lose touch completely random: @
Visitor
Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

Is anyone else getting wifi dropping out when the accessory is attached to Z1 with 4.3? Happens both with SW2 and Sbh52
One time poster
Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

I am also facing this problem where it randomly disconnects but the SBH52 shows that is still connected and starts to have problems pairing back.  It is being connected to Z Ultra with stock firmware (4.2.2).  I ended up having to turn off and turn on the SBH52.  Gets annoying as it was working alot better before the last one or two updates.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

I have the same issue also. Dizzy Face

I am also experimenting with the power drain issue and recently the solution is to switch the network to GSM to increase the battery life... :smileysmileythumbsup:

Anyway, while experimenting with the battery issue >>> that is when I notice I always set to LTE prefered in the past >>> in that setting when I moved from one cell tower to the next - the connection with bluetooth devices will drop suddenly when I am listening to music. Less profound with SBH52 but more with SRS-BTV5 - but both happened. I can even replicate the exact case now in specific area that I traveled. 

I set to GSM only and it seems to help. 

So is it due to the switching of cell radio tower? and when the radio in the phone is aquiring the next tower signal? I wonder... :smileyconfused:

BTW I am using Xperia Z (C6603) 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101.

One time poster
Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

This is actually a very good device.
BUT don't buy it if you have a Galaxy Note 3 !!!
Every now and then it disconnects.
Even if both the phone and the SBH52 say that they are connected the sound only appear in the phone.
So if you have the phone in your bag and answer an incoming call on the SBH52 you don't hear anything.
The caller will hear the inside of your bag.....

One time poster
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

Hello,

Two issues:

1. SBH52 frequently disconnects. Updated to new software, same issue. Unistalled and reinstalled Smart Connect and SBH52 app, same issue. It makes me ALWAYS worried whether is my sbh52 connected and I have to keep on checking on it - defeat the purpose of having this unit right? I have search online for solutions but no success. 
  2. And I also noticed that my SBH52 needs frequent software update from the Update Services. Even when I have install the latest software, it will still prompt me that a new software is available and I need to update it.

Urgent solution is REALLY REALLY needed. I have read numerous forums where people are having similar issues (but still no solutions). Great device but the disconnect issue irks me.

Using Galaxy Note 8 LTE.

Thank you.

Regards

YC

Adviser
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

Hello,

I am so pleased now to not to be alone with this issue !

I have the same problem with Galaxy S4 since nov 2013 and I posted some messages without any reaction from Sony !

Maybe, if we are many people to ask some action from Sony, we will be listen and an efficient update will come soon !

PLEASE SONY, YOUR ADVICE WILL BE THE BEST BLUETOOTH ADVICE WHEN YOU WILL FIX THE CONNECTION ISSUE !

One time poster
Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

Sometimes, SBH52 is loosing connection with Sony Z Ultra when I receive an SMS. I'm using Hangouts as default SMS app.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

I get disconnects while it still thinks it's connected. It takes over the call if I choose to speak directly in the phone, I guess due to a poor bugfix for the disconnection issue. It restart and reset itself at random, luckily nfc makes it easy to pair again.

Does anyone know of another headset with decent radio? Looks like the mw600 is still available in some places, not perfect but a lot more reliable. 

I use it with Xperia S, ZR and nexus 7.

Are we a few unlucky ones or are all SBH's turkey's? Could I expect to get a working specimen if I exchange it for a new?

Adviser
Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

Hello,

I confirm the MW600 is more reliable .. I had one and I gave it to my son because I bought the SBH52 !! Arghhhhh !

He is pleased with MW600 and the MW600 miss me .. :-)

I am waiting for the response of previous question of Pelleman : Do you know an equivalent product in another brand with this kind of functionnalities : bluetooth, radio, music and calls ?

Thanks !