account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SBH20 play/pause, next, previous buttons dont work (Xperia Z3)

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

SBH20 play/pause, next, previous buttons dont work (Xperia Z3)

Hi. I have purchased SBH20 but play, pause, next, previous buttons dont work. Volume buttons and play/pause button to accept/refuse calls work. I use it with connection with Xperia Z3. Can u help me what sould I do? Dont wanna withdraw. Thanks.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: SBH20 play/pause, next, previous buttons dont work (Xperia Z3)

After Lollipoped my Z3 it works fine. Probably there was something with kitkat on my phone....

11 REPLIES 11
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

Which music player are you using when these buttons does not work? Have you tried with the Walkman application?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I use only Walkman app. Best one for me. But it doesnt work. Tried with locked/unlocked screen, walkman in foreground/background. Nothing. But when someone calls me the play/pause button to accept and finish call forks

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

That sounds strange. I have tried it here and it works fine for me. Have you tried to unpair and then pair the headset again? You can unpair it via your phone if you go to Settings > Bluetooth > Tap the tools icon next to SBH20 > Unpair.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

didnt helped, buttons are still dead. i dont understant, it´s new and it doesnt work since i bought it on monday. my walkman version is 8.5.a.0.6 (but it doesnt work also with others players so it doesnt look like software issue of walkman)

Commissioner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

but really dont understant why button (play/pause) works with incoming calls. odd...

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Indeed, it sounds very odd. In that case, I think you would do best by visiting your retailer to test another SBH20 and/or your headset with another phone. 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

tried on Xperia Z2 and everythink was fine. So looks like something with my Z3. When u have been trying sbh20, did u tiried it with Z3? thxWinking Face

Commissioner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

it doesnt work with phone in safe mode too. wondering why. on Z2 everything goes fine, but Z3... looks like it´s not compatible and also wondering why :/

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Yes, I did try with Xperia Z3 and it works fine for me. If you have tried safe mode, you should perhaps try a software repair on your phone via PC Companion to see if this can help:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.