account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SBH 54 Problem in calls

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

SBH 54 Problem in calls

I own SBH 54 and when i make a call the external sound pass through microphone and amplified to my left ear only. I have paired with an HUAWEI Mate 7 that the problem is intense. I try it with an LG G2 and also have the same problem and also with an Xperia Z3. 

Have any one the same problem?

12 REPLIES 12
One time poster
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: SBH 54 Problem in calls

I have the exact same issue, and after going to the service the changed me the Bluetooth with a new one, but the problem persists.I think that Sony should make a firmware update and solve the issue.I am very disappointed because I paid almost a quarter of my salary and the Bluetooth doesn't do what Sony promised to do.I'm looking forward for a response from the Sony customer care.thanks in advance
Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

There are a lot of problems with that device, especialy when you use it with a smartphone other than Sony (disconnects, slow call log, when you revert the display the keys works opposite etc etc). I thing it is software problem and Sony must fix all the problems with a NEW FIRMWARE.

Come on SONY we pay 90 euro for a faulty device. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Don't bother with this product and SBH52. Have them both and both was plagued with problems and issues that Sony doesn't even bother to solve.

I'm back on my old Plantronics. Reliable and remained connected at all times.

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Today there was a firmware update to version 1.4.A.1.9 but the problem still exists..

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

oh man, i got one last week, this problem is extremely annoying. the noise goes right into my left ear. i hope more people read this and refrian from buying this ill engineered product. 

One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I have the same issue. Very disappointed.
Let's just hope Sony won't ignore us all.

Is there a way to contact some people from Sony's support directly?
One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

the same probblem, i m also facing.....

Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

The problem still exists, SONY does not seems able to fix the problem... 

Also i found another bug.. when you first rotate the screen the left and right keys (forward - backward) work ok. But when you restart the sbh 54 the keys works upside down.

SONY please give us support for an expensive device... 

Adviser
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Yes me too
Sbh54 device have problems with connectivity.
In 1 years they replaced 4 times but problems still remains
Because of the problem i perched new Sony xperia x dual but its showing same problem
I think that sbh54 product is fully faulty