account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

MW1 Headset Pro 0.1.E.1.6 Major issues

Visitor
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: MW1 Headset Pro 0.1.E.1.6 Major issues

Hi.
After I upgraded my Note 2 to the Android 4.3 version,my MW1, do not work properly,something I think blames smart connect app,which wants upgrade as well.
Do you know if Sony upgrades the app?
Adept
Message 22 of 45
Message 22 of 45

No one knows anything , The Sony Team seem to have gone dark on us

Apprentice
Message 23 of 45
Message 23 of 45

It's just unbelievable that we paid Sony £60 for this piece of junk with Zero support. The issues I am facing are prety much the same: it constantly disconnects itself and after latest Android update (4.3) the **bleep** text to speech copletely stopped working! When I try to set it up it crashes and disconnects from device. Nice one every update is a mess. Hope you are working on this and the new working firware will be released soon otherwise I want my money back!

Apprentice
Message 24 of 45
Message 24 of 45

For the update, well not everyone has Windows machine. How can I do it on mac os x?

It shows that i have the latest firmare, but the device is now unusable - thank for such an update (**bleep** downgrade, which made the MW1 useless piece of plastic if you asked me).

Plus what's wrong with incompatibility of your Smart bluetooth and your flagship phone (SONY Z1)? Since I upgraded to 4.3 android the text to speech stopped working. Many thanks for that. it seems like this is the last time I bought SONY product.

IT HAS BEEN 9 MONTHS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE: 

Latest available software: 0.1.E.1.6
Release date: 2013-05-21

PEOPLE COMPLAINING HERE ON A COUPLE OF PAGES, ON AMAZON AND THERE ARE TONS OF USED SONY BLUETOOTHS AND PHONES ON EBAY, IS THE MESSAGE GETTING TROUGH TO YOUR DEVELOPERS OR ARE YOU JUST PRETENDING THAT YOU CARE? WE NEED PRODUCTS THAT WORK! We paid premium price for them and a lot of us  feel that we are not getting what we paid for! 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 25 of 45
Message 25 of 45

Wow this is a mess. I was trying to figure out why my MW1 went to sh!t over the last couple weeks. Can't believe that update broke everything so horribly. Calls don't work, sometimes even while connected I don't have the option to switch to BT. The music stopping is unbearable.
I actually came to see if anyone knows where I can get some replacement earphones for this device. Preferably one with a right angle plug.
Regular
Message 26 of 45
Message 26 of 45

What are the chances this was purposely done to "encourage" us to get one of the updated models like the SBH52, or are they experiencing similar issues.

Adviser
Message 27 of 45
Message 27 of 45

I don't understand why SONY doesn't really look on this matter.
I really upset with their support and product.

Now they only care about SW2,SBH2, smartwatch 2.

This wireless bluetooth has been my dream gadget before it lunch, they published marketing on the website and youtube, before it avaliable on the market.

I waited so long until this thing come out.
But now in the end like this, is really really bad dream come true.

Adviser
Message 28 of 45
Message 28 of 45

I guess the product manager of this product is flee from the unresponsible firmware.

If there is no continue to developming new firmware i don't understand why is not just give the old working firmware!

Adviser
Message 29 of 45
Message 29 of 45

Hello,

Unfortunately, same kind of issues with SBH 52 firmware (randomly BT disconnection). The last update (end of january) does not fix the problem .. I hope the SBH52 software team is different from MW1 ..

I had a MW600 and it was very good .. So I am disppointed to have changed for SBH52 ...

I hope Sony Support Team will have a good reaction and will fix these problem fastly ...

Please !!

Visitor
Message 30 of 45
Message 30 of 45

MW1 Headset Pro 0.1.E.1.6 Major issues

<<MOVED AS A NEW MESSAGE BECAUSE OF A BIT DIFFERENT PROBLEM>>>