account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

MW1 Compatibility

SOLVED
OSX
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

MW1 Compatibility

Hi,

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro and a HP Probook 4520s (win 7) laptop, I need a headset mostly to use apps on my mobile such as Viber , Skype, oovoo, LINE .... and also using it for softwares on my laptop such as Skype, yahoo messenger and also listen to music with my laptop or Phone. I want to know if the problems with the firmware is still exist as it was mentioned several times in different topics here or it is solved and if this product can answer my demands that I mentioned above and become compatible with all the apps on the phone and softwares on the pc.

I will be very thankful for your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: MW1 Compatibility

Well, that depends on the bluetooth chip in the computer. As long as it supports the BT profiles needed by the MW1, it shouldn't be any problems.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Master
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Well, we can't guarantee compatibility with all 3rd party apps unfortunately. The MW1 headset is compatible with the phone and works for call- and media audio. It's up to the app developers to get it working with their apps. But as far as I know there shouldn't be any issues using it they way you intend to.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

OSX
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the answer, but what about my laptop? can the MW1 connect to the laptop easily also ?

Master
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Well, that depends on the bluetooth chip in the computer. As long as it supports the BT profiles needed by the MW1, it shouldn't be any problems.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have a similar combination (HP 4520s/Win7 [Broadcom 2070] and HTC Desire HD).

After 0.1.E.1.6 upgrade the only problem left is /still/ the radio:

• Connect HTC (All bluetooth and audio features are OK; some missing control over audio due to probably HTC)
  • Turn on Radio (Now you can hear and set radio; it is interrupted when a call/SMS/event comes in but radio continues afterwards)
  • Connect HP ("Turn adapter on" feature of BT driver)
  • Radio goes off after couple of on and off (probably first "BT on" then "audio on" of the HP side)
  • Now "Turn adapter off" on HP and radio is back again!

If you change the order (HTC -> HP -> Radio) unit reboots itself. I (actually the unit itself) sometimes manages to have the radio back when I finish with HP.

PS: I have turned off most of warning sounds in Win7; before that after every warning sound [e.g clicking to open a file, change to a folder etc] radio goes off and back on again. If you continue this way the unit reboots.

Other than audio problems, there are some application glitches:

• If you start the unit for the first time, reaching "the call history" is immediate. However, if you want to reach the call history /again/, it continously gets longer and longer where after one point the unit resets itself.
  • Starting the "find my phone" application always takes a lot of time
  • I had no chance to control the PC audio using MW1 (probably due to missing feature of BT)
  • And as I said before controling HTC audio is somewhat limited (both using default music and through VLC player). In addition to this, I had be able to control the application called "zello" using MW1

In short, after 0.1.E.1.6 (using Sony's "update software" on Win7 AND resetting and/or factory reseeting the unit) the unit behaved much more properly and I could say that audio quality and basic features (multipoint, PC+mobile, android apps, radio, SD card, immediate BT connection) makes the difference.

However, I would like to see more regular updates and improvements to MW1.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

is compatible with PS3... my ps3 doesn´t connect with MW1, help me please...