account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Issue with Xperia Z and SBH50 with Throw

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Issue with Xperia Z and SBH50 with Throw

I am able to pair Xperia Z with SBH50 with no issues but when I "throw" content to SBH50, most of the times I get error "could not connect to selected device". I pair the devices via NFC. After multiple attempts, I can connect properly. I have even updated the firmware of SBH50.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issue with Xperia Z and SBH50 with Throw

I tried but I wasn't able to replicate this.

May I ask why you would like throw audio to the SBH50 if it's already connected to the phone?

If it's connected you should be able to listen any audio coming from the phone in the headset without having to use the throw feature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I tried but I wasn't able to replicate this.

May I ask why you would like throw audio to the SBH50 if it's already connected to the phone?

If it's connected you should be able to listen any audio coming from the phone in the headset without having to use the throw feature.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

When I touch the devices using NFC, the devices get paired as the bluetooth icon becomes bold. What I was thinking was that as soon as the Bluetooth icon became bold, the devices are paired and I was expecting to hear audio from headset. When I did not get audio via headset, I went into the Throw option to send audio to bluetooth after which I got the error. After your reply, I observed that it takes time for the devices to get paired (maybe 5 secs or more) after which audio automatically comes from bluetooth. Thanks.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Try to pair via bluetooth instead of NFC. It's simple, gets paired instantly and audio can be streamed automatically. NFC doesnot allow you to stream audio.