account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Confuse about which one to buy Sony Sbh52 or Sony MDR XB450BV ( Only Sound Quality matters )

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Confuse about which one to buy Sony Sbh52 or Sony MDR XB450BV ( Only Sound Quality matters )

I wanna buy Sony head Phone ..... but i am little bit confuse which one to buy.... Sony SBH52 or Sony MDR XB450BV...... Only Good sound Quality Matters to me..... PLz friends suggest me which one will be good for me.....

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Confuse about which one to buy Sony Sbh52 or Sony MDR XB450BV ( Only Sound Quality matters )

If you are really into sound quality i suggest SBH60, it works both the ways wired and wireless via bluetooh. Its very comfy and has good quality bass effect both ways wired and even in bluetooth. Easy controls talk over call is good. Has NFC and continous playback upto 10-12 hours. Sometimes i keep it on in use listening 6-8 hours and still a good comfort ease feel on ears and head.

SBH52's best feature is its bluetooth speaker phone calling speaker its speaker is good loud enough but for music the existing sony mh755 earphone which comes along with SBH52 is not that much effective and is just same as normal sony earphones. I use sony mdr nc31em with it and works perfectly great with Noise Cancellation experience. SBH52 has 5-6 hrs battery life

I recoment SBH60 as it much stylish with good quality music and battery backup. if you still have any query ask as i use all this music accessories regularly.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Confuse about which one to buy Sony Sbh52 or Sony MDR XB450BV ( Only Sound Quality matters )

according to my view sbh52 is giving many features bt MDR XB450Bv is giving features which r mainly related to sound quality bt da price tag is almost same.... for dat reason i think may be sound quality in SBH52 has been compromised..... is it ? your opinoin plz

Adept
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Yes, you are right. You can go for MDRXB450BV if you are looking for wired option.
I also suggest to have a look to SBH60 and read it reviews before you go for MDRXB450BV.
If it fits in your budget you can opt for SBH60 as more or less comfort level and sound quality for both MDRXB450 and SBH60 is almost the same. In fact i find more bass quality sound effects in SBH60 even if while using it with bluetooth.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I googled about SBH60, it is less expensive than MDR XB450BV...... and i am thinking obout it...... bt i wanna know i thing...... i've xperia phn ... and for " Over the head " type- Headphone the sound volume seems to hear lower than " In-Ear " type headphon...... shall i face the same problem here .... and another thing can i increase volume leve further in Headset even after reaching the max level volume in mobile..... plz rply....

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yes in-ear headset have more volume effect rather than on-ear headphone. But still there are few option you can boost up the volume or even customize more equalizer band

1) Use native app audio settings
Keep Clear Audio+ off while using earphone/headphone.
Keep it ON while you want to hear phone speaker louder.
Keep Dynamic normaliser ON

In Sound Effects select Equilizer with best selection
Set Surround sound (VPT) to Club for Headphone settings

Keep S-Force Front Surround ON for Speaker settings

2) Use 3rd Party Apps to get more further custom effects on Bass & Volume
Get Bass Booster from Desaxed Studios via Google Play Store

3) If you still want more sound output this one will give you all the benifits of boosting sound to the next level
Original XDAdevelopers thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2758189
http://www.xda-developers.com/enable-stereo-speaker-playback-system-wide-on-your-sony-xperia-z2/
http://techbeasts.com/boost-sound-xperia-z2-z1-sound-mod/

Tried all above and works well with Xperia Z2 & Z3+

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am a SB52 user... Have you guy tried a "Break in" unit? Of the box I sounds ordinary. After 2 days of use the "sound stage" widens and the Bass is great. The problem of the ear piece is the short wire..... But its a party in your head...