account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can Sony sbh60 headset connect to Windows wirelessly?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Can Sony sbh60 headset connect to Windows wirelessly?

I've got a new Sony sbh60 bluetooth headset, and it works great on my Sony Experia.  But I'm also trying to connect the headset to either my Ipad or my Windows 8 laptop via bluetooth, but Windows (and IOS) are not picking the device up.

Can the device work with non-Sony devices wirelessly?  Any ideas of what else I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can Sony sbh60 headset connect to Windows wirelessly?

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

When connecting the headset to Microsoft Windows it will identify all Bluetooth profiles and try to install the drivers for each supported Bluetooth profile. But you might need to download drivers from the maker of the receiver/sender you have. Meaning for a laptop the maker of the laptop and for a USB-bluetooth dongle, the maker of that device.

Regarding iOS, I have not tried it by myself but I don't think it should be a problem to pair it and use it with music. Do you mean that the other devices cannot find your headset? If that is the case, make sure that your headset is in pairing mode:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/sbh60/userguide/Preparing-to-use-your-headset-with-an-Androi...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

When connecting the headset to Microsoft Windows it will identify all Bluetooth profiles and try to install the drivers for each supported Bluetooth profile. But you might need to download drivers from the maker of the receiver/sender you have. Meaning for a laptop the maker of the laptop and for a USB-bluetooth dongle, the maker of that device.

Regarding iOS, I have not tried it by myself but I don't think it should be a problem to pair it and use it with music. Do you mean that the other devices cannot find your headset? If that is the case, make sure that your headset is in pairing mode:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/sbh60/userguide/Preparing-to-use-your-headset-with-an-Androi...

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Do Sony SBH60 need drivers for Windows?

I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad and I just upgraded the Broadcom bluetooth drivers for Windows 8 and now the headset is working.

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

where i can download drivers for sbh60

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi DmitriyGhost,

Did you check my post above? If you're going to connect the headset with a computer, you might need to download drivers from the maker of your laptop or if you are using a USB-bluetooth dongle, the maker of that device.

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

hi ,

i am trying to connect to this product from my laptop .But it is not getting detected in windows or linux

i am sure my bluetooth drivers for the laptop is working correctly as it can detect my phone .

Also my mobile phone can detect the headset .

Please suggest any solution .

euk
One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Funny thing is that it does not work for Vaio Z2 PC with Windows 7. Whom should I blame for that? The laptop vendor, huh?

Thank you Sony for providing three-pin audio cable with this beautiful headset, this should work anyway.

P. S. Never gonna buy a Sony product again.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Sorry Guys, you have setted up this as solved, but it is not at all. I tried to connect the headset to my LapTop and it doesn't work, even if my bluetooth driver is up to date. 

Please find a real solution.

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

This didn't work correctly with Windows 10 - only as heads, but have no headset function support.

Really, we need the drivers for Windows 10.

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi there guys!

SOLVED!!

I had the same problem as you; my bluetooth drivers were up to date, my vaio (win7) works nice and the headset was already working with my samsung note. 
I found this site http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb650bt/v1/en/contents/TP0001111738.html

where they say to push the On/Off button up to 7 seconds, which i did not before, and it worked!! So thats the way to connect to any device, push the button until it works.

Regards