account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5. ---- MDR 1A

Genius
Message 11 of 11
Message 11 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 and headphones

Hello again,

I've just received some more information about this, below is the answer I received.

You may experience that when you connect Sony MDR 1A headphones to your Xperia Z5, you hear a muffled sound in your left ear for a few seconds and then the sound disappears completely. The sound indicates that something may be wrong with the headphones or the microphone. The sound continues for a few seconds until your device has finished measuring the impedance (resistance). If the impedance is outside of parameters, the sound is disconnected.

In order to make sure there is nothing wrong with either of your devices I would advise you to have them sent to an authorized service centre. I'm afraid I can not assist you with this as the service and warranty procedures vary from market to market, I would recommend that you contact your local support team for further information.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.