account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5. ---- MDR 1A

Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia Z5. ---- MDR 1A

Help! I have Sony Xperia Z5 and New headphones MDR 1a.
I have 3.5 mm cable with mic. Problem is: when i plug into Z5. phone doesn't recognize it. But when i plug any other 3.5mm headphones they work normal. Again when i plug MDR 1A into other phone, laptop they work normal.
I wonder why two SONY PREMIUM products cant work together!
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia Z5. ---- MDR 1A

@Xpert2

is it the same pair of headphones you had issues before?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Wired-accessories/Xperia-Z5-headphones/m-p/1161031

also test it in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

No, its not same problem.. headphones are full working on laptop etc.. And other 3.5 mm earbuds are also full working on my Z5... But MDR 1A. And. Z5. Doesn't work together with 3.5 mm Jack
Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

When i plug MDR 1A into Z5 i can hear only on my left side for 5 sec. Some murmur. After 5 sec. Dissapear
Veteran
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

MDR-XB950BT Nougat issue

Hello,
I noticed that on newest software - 39.2.A.0.374 the button on a headphones responsible for pausing the song, rewinding and selecting previous / next sone + receiving incoming calls is completely not working when paired with XZ via bluetooth Slightly frowning Face

Can someone please send this feedback to Sony? 
These are the headphones Sony included in preorders.

Thank you. 

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: MDR-XB950BT Nougat issue

it is real disaster how sony products don't work together. I also have problems with Sony Z5 and MDR 1A
Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

And the most weird thing: when i plug headphones into female 3.5mm extension cord. And male 3.5mm of extension into Z5 everthing working. :/
Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Sony Xperia Z5 and headphones

I have Sony MDR 1A and i cant use them with Xperia Z5. Connection is 3.5 MM cable with mic (4 POLE)
Everthing is working, headphones are working with other phones and with laptop. And also other headphones work with my XPERIA Z5. But MDR 1A and Xperia Z5 doesn't work... Now when i plug headphones into 3.5mm THREE POLE extension cord (3.5 mm female to 3.5 mm male) everthing is working, but i cant use mic..

I read something about CTIA and OMTP standard..
Wich standard is used for MDR 1A, and wich one for Z5

I need solution about these problem. But i still have to be able to use mic. (solution with 3.5 mm 4 POLE to 3.5 mm 3 POLE adapter is not accepted)
Genius
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 and headphones

Hi @Xpert2!

As long as this headset is CTIA-certified it should be compatible with the Sony Xperia Z5. However, since it is a product from Sony Electronics I'm unfortunately unable to test this. 

They way you describe it makes it sound like this is related to this specific headset not being compatible with your phone. 

I'll request some more information about this and get back to you.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 and headphones

MDR-1A is compatible with Xperia. I don't have any issue with mine, I tested it with Z1/Z1C/Z2/Z2Tablet/Z3/Z3TC/Z3+/Z5/Z5C/Z5P/X/XZ) .

MDR-1A includes 2 cables, one with remote and the other one without. Do you have issue with both??