account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SE Original earbuds, using on laptop.

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SE Original earbuds, using on laptop.

Hello.
The original SE earbuds that came along my xperia active is overall great and im pleased with them while using them with my phone. But when i try to use them with laptop, the sound is weak without bass and it's just not right. But when i push and hold the button where the handsfree mic is the sound is great, just like using it with phone. Is there any way i can bypass this connectivity error? I do have headpones for my laptop but theyr just not that confy to use in bed the pillow is contantly pulling them of my ears.. Using my SE earbuds would be nice. I really dont want to buy  new earbuds becouse i already have great ones just cant use them properly with laptop... 
I would appreciate if someone could help me out. Maybe theres somekind of software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: SE Original earbuds, using on laptop.

You need to buy an adapter OMTP to CTIA 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

You need to buy an adapter OMTP to CTIA 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for answer. 
Where can i get this type of adapter. I searched on amazon and ebay, but all i could find was CTIA to OMTP.
I only found adapters to use regular CTIA headphones with seperate audio/mic jacks to be able to use on phones like sony that use OMTP standard. But i couldn't find one for my situation where i want to use OMTP type earbuds on CTIA standard laptop...
If anyone could provide me with such a product i would be greatfull, otherwise i guess il have to search for earbuds that use CTIA standard..

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I dont think they suit my situation...
Later that day i found this http://www.scansound.com/index.php/3-5mm-4-pin-female-trrs-to-3-pin-male-3-5mm-trs-adapter.html

But all together with shipping its 15 bucks, and man do i need an adapter for 15 bucks? I think i should buy another earbuds instead. I'm looking at skullcandys ink'd 2, i know i may not be able to use them with my current phone, but i might change my phone in like few months anyway and i still have my SE earbuds to use with my phone...