account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MDR-NC750 compatibility

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

MDR-NC750 compatibility

Hello,
I have my MDR-NC750 NC headphones for a while now and because I am looking for a new phone I am curious if the Xperia 5, 10 and 10 plus are compatible with these headphones. I tried to find it out but was only redirected to an accessories product site so I am a little bit confused.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: MDR-NC750 compatibility

@Golgov as far as I know, none of the devices mentioned by you have a headphone jack that supports a 5 pole connection. Maybe with an adapter you could try to make them work, however I would not base my reply on that. I think you need new generation of headphones that are NC and wireless.

@viridis  what do you think?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: MDR-NC750 compatibility

@alexdon wrote:

@Golgov as far as I know, none of the devices mentioned by you have a headphone jack that supports a 5 pole connection. Maybe with an adapter you could try to make them work, however I would not base my reply on that. I think you need new generation of headphones that are NC and wireless.

@viridis  what do you think?

Yeah, they won't work, no such adapter exists that supports the NC 5th pole for the return mic.

Unfortunately either active wired NC or Bluetooth is the only way with these new phones 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.