account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Headphones not working with Xperia Z5

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Headphones not working with Xperia Z5

I cannot get my Samsung SIV I-9500 Headphones for the galaxy S4 to work with my new Xperia Z5 smartphone. They worked perfectly with my galaxy S4 and still do with my Xperia z2 and nexus 6. I also cannot get beats and other popular headphones to work my device, I don't know if this is a compatability issue or a problem with my phone. Sometimes if I get the headphones in the perfect position I get the notification from smart connect and I can hear music through the earbuds but this is usually only momentarily.
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Headphones not working with Xperia Z5

@Sebsword

Do you have any other pair of headphones that do work all the time?

Also, does the headphones have volume control keys? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Headphones not working with Xperia Z5

@uliwooly

The only headphones I have that work with it are my corsair vengance 1400 Gaming headphones: http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-1400-analog-gaming-headset

they have the 4 pin 3.55 mm poles however, these headphones work in my nexus 6 which also supports the other 3.5mm headphones that I cannot get to work with my xperia z5, and I have not read anything about sony changing ports between z2 and z5.