account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Faulty Sony Xperia Z5 Charger

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Faulty Sony Xperia Z5 Charger

I purchased a Sony Xperia Z5 and the supplied charger has stopped working.
It overheats after around 10 mins and stops charging.
I've tried other Sony USB leads with this device.
But same thing happens.
So 2 questions here.
I'm currently using my old charger from my Sony Xperia Z2
Is this OK as it seems to work OK, but takes a while to charge.
Anybody know where to take the new charger for replacement /repair.
I have contacted Sony via email and live chat but matter still not resolved.
Sorry phone type (Sony Xperia Z5 UK unlocked with rapid Charger)
7 REPLIES 7
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Faulty Sony Xperia Z5 Charger

Go to your local Sony Service Centre and ask for an exchange. I remember that my charger stopped working a while back and got an exchange for free.

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@MRB11

Follow @SMRTLim's suggestion and contact your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I've already done this but as I said previously mentioned in my post, Sony still have not got back to me. Therefore matter still unresolved....
Please read posts fully before commenting.
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I live in Bradford West Yorkshire is there a service centre I can post to please
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@MRB11

Someone is in a bad mood, perhaps you should read the forum rules

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

keep it friendly, this is a user based forum, if you email them, you should just call them

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Uliwooly....
I'm not in a bad mood but just pointed out that I had already contacted Sony as per original post.
And thank-you I'm already aware of the rules for posting on this forum.
Just posting reply without explanation is not always helpful.
So just to note I have contacted Sony by email,Lavenham and now by phone.
So I've done what I can do....I just keep getting told I will receive and email but it never arrives..and before anybody asks I've checked my spam box
Thanks again
Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

The same here with me the charger is faulty out of the box .amazingly also same poor experience with the local service centers ! They wanted to take the whole phone, the box, purchase proof dated with taxation Indication),  my mother's name and ID, and check back after a week so a decision can be made weather there would be a charger replacement or I will only pay for the "check"  fees and not entitled for a charger replacement. 

Oh, the mother thing is just for sarcasm.  But I believe the service is a disgrace to song's name as well as Xperia. 

Not to mention my previous experience with my busted  (water resistant ip68) z3 when it fell in my tub (with flaps on) !!!