account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

DK-10 Livedock multimedia station problems.

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: DK-10 Livedock multimedia station problems.

it wouldn't hurt to try it out, btw does this happen only when you use the Livedock?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Ok i tried it on another router and same problem persists, and yes it only happens on livedock, when i use the wifi without it does not disconnect. Sorry to be a pain, i really was looking forward to this device.

Emperor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

I wonder if this issue will be fixed with the new update 2.3.4 build number 4.0.2.A.0.62

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Do you know when that update will be rolled out? and what the update will bring?

Emperor
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

As you can see here no one knows when it'll be available

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/150771#150771

Markus-SEAnswersModerators

1,560 posts since

Sep 20, 2010

"""Question:

- When will the update be available in my country?

Answer:

- I don't know and I won't be able to find out.

Connect the phone to PC Companion every now and then or go to Settings > About phone > Software update to see if it's available."""

It's supposed to fix reboot issues and other bugs

Forum Legend
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

check this thread

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30938

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

I might just have to wait fro the update to arrive in my country. Mnay thanks for your help!

Emperor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Anytime Slightly smiling Face

ProfessorFrink1.gif

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but did you get this solved? I too imported this from the UK to New Zealand for my Arc S.

My keyboard and mouse setup is a Logitech K700 (which is actually intended for the Logitech Revue, a Google TV device only sold in the States). The K700 is pretty much the K400, but the latter being for Windows PCs.  The Unifying Receiver that it comes with plugs in to the Livedock's USB port and the phone detects is as a USB RECEIVER. Keyboard and mouse pad work fine (almost).

The issue for me is when I'm on the net (EDGE, 3G, or Wifi), the thing has a tendency to disconnect. I thought it was a bad connection on the USB port, and maybe even the microUSB between the phone and Livedock. When on the browser, if I wriggle the latter connection (between phone and livedock), phone sometimes stops charging and disconnects then reconnects to the Livedock), or disconnects and reconnects the K700 and Unifying Receiver. So my natural assumption was the Livedock or my phone's microUSB jack must be giving way.

The problem is, they're all apparently fine.

- Plug in charger by itself and wriggle that around; no disconnects.

- Plug in Livedock and wriggle connection; no disconnects (phone stays in landscape, and the app I instructed the phone to open when it connects to the phone doesn't open; so no disconnects in the first place).

-  Plug in Livedock and the Unifying Receiver to that. Wriggling connection between Livedock and phone does nothing. ONLY WHEN THE PHONE IS IDLE.

I wriggle that connection like nuts but no dice; it won't disconnect AT ALL. Liveware shows items are connected.

Basically, the disconnects seem to happen when on the net. I also noticed it does it SOMETIMES when I do demanding stuff (720p movies, viewing PDF files). Which leads me to believe a power supply issue. My Livedock is connected to the charger and the AC socket. The disconnects don't happen when the phone is idle or doing light stuff (eg, listening to music).

Yeah. On GB 2.3.4 as apparently ICS 4.0.4 kills Livedock functionality somewhat.

Will try a hub with PC-intended wired Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard later and report back. While the K700 works fine on Windows PCs, some functionality (like the SOURCE button) don't work on it. I have tried a cheap generic optical mouse and that had a habit of disconnecting more often than the K700. Hopefully the Microsoft stuff work better.

Another bug I noticed is Liveware. It's the latest (according to Google Play at least). After connecting JUST the Livedock, after a long time being connected to it Liveware shows that it isn't connected. But it is; the homescreen is in landscape, on the Arc S (at least), this can't be forced unless you connect the HDMI or the Livedock.

Yeah. Livedock is a nice accessory. Just the above niggles keep it from replacing me netbook at home.

And also:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/140387

Apparently there are some incompatible devices out there. Most notably, the input devices being connected need to be USB HID (Human Interface Devices). My hunch is the K700 isn't one; it's never for the Windows PC afterall. Will check that as well later tonight.