account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Accessory's microphone and buttons are not available

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Accessory's microphone and buttons are not available

Hey, I have been using my headset for a couple of months and they were working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly when I connected the headset a message appeared saying (Accessory microphone and buttons aren't available) and if I played any music it's like I'm not even connecting it. The sound comes out from the external earphone. Not to mention that I connected another headset to my phone and it worked properly and I connected my headset to another phone and there was no problem. It's like my phone doesn't read my headset anymore.
I've tried stopping the smart connect app and restarting the phone, and many people said factory data reset doesn't solve the problem.
Please someone help me.

P.S Using Xperia Go with latest update.
Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Accessory's microphone and buttons are not available

@SohaK

Just to be certain, have you done this: 

settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data? 

what if you boot on >>> safe mode ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Yes I cleared the data but it didn't work. But the safe mood thing did.
Thank you very much for your help!
Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@SohaK

Anytime, the problem its or was a third party app.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

I don't think it's because of a third party app. I haven't installed anything in the past couple of months. In fact, I keep getting the message in the safe mode. When I exit, it worked for sometime then appeared again. It's frustrating.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Try repairing the phone with PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Emperor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@SohaK

it could be, it could be an app on an app, follow @Phy's suggestion and repair the phone with PCC

Learner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

I am using M4 aqua and I was using my earphone and mic for 1 week and suddenly it started to not work. What can I do? How to fix this problem?
Emperor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@Arter343

what is it that its not working? 

Learner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

My earphone and mic. When I put it to jack, a message appears which is telling " this earphone mic. is not supporting. ". Sorry for bad english.