account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

What's new app

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

What's new app

Hi, help! How on Earth do you get rid once and for all of this nightmarish app? I have disabled every possible thing and I still get occasional notifications ! I understand you can't uninstall.  Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: What's new app

I unticked phone and storage under App permissions, as well as turning off Background Data. It's only been a few days, but I dont recall hearing or seeing a peep from the app so far.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: What's new app

I did.  I don't know what 'force stopping' the app does but I've noticed that it does not stay that way for long and I end up having to repeat it whenever I get a notification (not all that often, but why get any at all if you don't want to? ) .  I don't know what is so special about this app (I really don't, considering its content) but unticking all the right boxes works for all apps except this one....