account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

What's New Live Q&A session

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

What's New Live Q&A session

qanda.png

What's New Live Q&A

On the 9th of April you will all be able to participate in a live questions and answers session with the What's New team from Sony.

Meaning that you will be able to post questions and get answers just like in a chat session.

Feel free to pop into the What's new board here on the forum and ask any questions to the developers of the What's New team.

Date: 9th of April - 2015

TIme: 14:00 CET

13 REPLIES 13
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: What's New Live Q&A session

Welcome!

The Whats's New Q&A session is now live so feel free to start ask any question you want regarding the What's New application.

All spam or off-topic content will be removed from this Q&A topic.

After the Q&A session this topic will be locked and all posts will remain.

So the way this Q&A session works is that I along with 4 other guys from the What's New team are sitting together and we will read and reply to every post that comes in.

The What's New application team.

Miro - Test architect

Bo - Developer

Björn - Architect

Maximiliano - Developer

This topic will be locked at 15.00 and if any unanswered posts should remain we will answer them as soon as possible.

Happy posting!

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Here's a question - This app is full of apps I'll never use and have no need for - Is it at all possible for the app to mention apps that I use or alternatives to apps I use or include news stories instead of having to go to the official Sony blog to read up on these things

Edit - Include an option to tailor my preferences

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

@Thommo wrote:

Here's a question - This app is full of apps I'll never use and have no need for - Is it at all possible for the app to mention apps that I use or alternatives to apps I use or include news stories instead of having to go to the official Sony blog to read up on these things

This is not something that is available today but its in discussion and we are considering to add more options for customizing content in the application.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Whats new and Sony select are virtually identical - Why not merge the two and as said include an option to set personal preferences

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@Thommo wrote:

Whats new and Sony select are virtually identical - Why not merge the two and as said include an option to set personal preferences

That's a great idea to merge Sony Select and What's New and in fact that's something we have done in the What's New release for Android 5.0 Lollipop. Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

why do you delete?

- Off topic

- I sent you a PM

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

@Thommo wrote:

@Thommo Could you please elaborate what kind of application recommendation you would like to see in What's New?

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I'd like to see it know what apps I use and offer alternatives - Have the ability to work along side the Playstore and pull information from it - You could also if possible notify me of deals based on my shopping habits like Amazon does - Not all will welcome this hence the option to untick such notifications of deals and as I don't play games especially Playstation games then I personally find this or deem it as spam

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

@Thommo wrote:

I'd like to see it know what apps I use and offer alternatives - Have the ability to work along side the Playstore and pull information from it - You could also if possible notify me of deals based on my shopping habits like Amazon does - Not all will welcome this hence the option to untick such notifications of deals and as I don't play games especially Playstation games then I personally find this or deem it as spam

Thank you @Thommo for clarifying and for giving us feedback.