account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

What’s New 3.1.A.0.0 Update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Let What's New take your experience to the next level. Discover awesome games, find apps that will improve your daily life, choose among beautiful themes, update your Sony apps, enjoy new music and exciting movies.

(Note that some features are not available in all markets.)

What’s been changed

• Widget has a new beautiful design
  • Improved visual look and content
  • Now possible to refresh Updates view, as requested by users

WhatsNewImage1.jpg WhatsNewImage2.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Commissioner
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: What’s New 3.1.A.0.0 Update

Please bring back tablet mode in newest update!

Greetings,

SirRobin
One time poster
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

This app has become enjoyable to use with a very beautiful interface, I wish it will be imported to the whole SONY UI, that will be awesome.
One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

How I turn off notifications for this application?

The Block option is not available in the Notifications menu, and this application has the annoying habit of notifying me when I am running releases, where every notification is a danger sign.

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@DaveMcUk wrote:

How I turn off notifications for this application?

The Block option is not available in the Notifications menu, and this application has the annoying habit of notifying me when I am running releases, where every notification is a danger sign.

No way to disable the app, no way to disable notifications. Sony does not care that you bought your phone. They think it's theirs to do whatever they want with it, which is basically spamming you with notifications on "sponsored" apps.

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@AnnoyedUKCustomer You can hide updates now.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I have had a Sony Xperia X compact for half a year and so far whats new have not given me any value. Worst of all: I cannot disable it. I have deactivated - forced to stop - but it keeps giving me useless spam notifications.Next phone will not bee a Sony

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@Johan wrote:

Let What's New take your experience to the next level. Discover awesome games, find apps that will improve your daily life, choose among beautiful themes, update your Sony apps, enjoy new music and exciting movies.

(Note that some features are not available in all markets.)

What’s been changed

• Widget has a new beautiful design
  • Improved visual look and content
  • Now possible to refresh Updates view, as requested by users

WhatsNewImage1.jpg WhatsNewImage2.jpg

Rookie
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Re: What’s New 3.1.A

“What's new” is the reason that I use every opportunity I get to express my aversion for Sony Xperia.

I’m a teacher and use this as an example to teach my students to come up against arrogant sales strategies as used by Sony.

We paid for our smartphones!!!

Give us at least the option to get rid of this nuisance.

On top, there is even no option to switch of those annoying messages.

It makes me so angry that I’m continuously spammed by these scrupulous people who don’t hesitate to intruding my personal space without being asked for.  

Hope sales people will use there intellect and become aware this is not gone work on the long run.
There are alternatives and next smartphone will not have applications as “What’s new” on it!

Grts,

Marc

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Class action law suit? If someone places a virus on your phone you should have some recourse. Right?