account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop unwanted sony app recommendations

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Stop unwanted sony app recommendations

Can anyone tell me how to stop Sony sending me endless unwanted and pointless child apps . I don't play games on my phone and don't have children but am endlessly pestered by Sony trying to sell me apps I don't want and especially don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night about 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Stop unwanted sony app recommendations

@gethinbwhich phone do you have? because the XZ2 Compact doesn't come with the What's New app anymore.

5 REPLIES
Adviser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Can anyone tell me how to stop Sony sending me endless unwanted and pointless child apps . I don't play games on my phone and don't have children but am endlessly pestered by Sony trying to sell me apps I don't want and especially don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night about 

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@gethinb

Are you referring to 

settings > system > Software update > Applications updates 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have found a setting in "whats new" app, that gave me the option to turn off notifications, so with luck I can get a full night's sleep without my phone endlessly beeping at me !

Alternatively I guess I could try to remember to turn off both mobile data and Wi-Fi when I go to bed !!

I can't believe Sony make phones like this !!! 

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@gethinbwhich phone do you have? because the XZ2 Compact doesn't come with the What's New app anymore.

Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Ok. Great idea thanks. I've found that I can disable that app in my xz1. Thanks for your help .