account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Get rid of "What's New"

SOLVED
Regular
Message 51 of 173
Message 51 of 173

Re: Get rid of "What's New"

Nope. The android debug bridge solution is the simplest at the moment, and likely to remain so I suspect. How simple it actually is rather depends on how familiar you are with it. For anyone who has never heard of adb, it's going to be a bit daunting. 

Apprentice
Message 52 of 173
Message 52 of 173

thanks for the quick response :-)
Apprentice
Message 53 of 173
Message 53 of 173

not so important to bend my major operations carried
Commissioner
Message 54 of 173
Message 54 of 173

For some reason when I try to access Google Now or What's New this way it's not working. I just never get any of these options. It's weird as it used to work fine a while ago.

One time poster
Message 55 of 173
Message 55 of 173

Just updated to Lollipop, and there is no standard way to remove it. When it first arrived I filed a bug report and then a complaint with Sony, which was completely ignored. Appalling service, and as someone who jumped ship from HTC to Sony when the T came out, and who has worked in the industry, my custom is lost.
Learner
Message 56 of 173
Message 56 of 173

what's new widget is gone

A new update today haso removed the what's new widget from the home button! Thanks sony! :-)
Enthusiast
Message 57 of 173
Message 57 of 173

Re: what's new widget is gone

You can add it back manually though, right?
Enthusiast
Message 58 of 173
Message 58 of 173

Hooray.. good job sony.. 

Sony Xperia Z2 lollipop
Androird Ver 5.0.2
Build Number 23.1.A.1.128
One time poster
Message 59 of 173
Message 59 of 173

Reading through this thread I realize I'm in the minority, but how do I get What's New back on the home launcher?

One time poster
Message 60 of 173
Message 60 of 173

This is unbelieveble! No more sony for me!