account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Get rid of "What's New"

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 131 of 173
Message 131 of 173

Re: Whats New App - Disable or remove - HOW CAN I DO THIS?

J'ai installé la mise a jour, j'ai redémarré le téléphone, j'ai désinstaller"what's new" j'ai redémarré le téléphone,et oh surprise what's new est revenu et je ne peux toujours pas le désactiver n'y le désinstaller.

Merci sony d'implanter un virus dans vos téléphone.

I installed the update, I restarted the phone, I uninstall "what's new" I restarted the phone, and oh surprise what's new came back and I still can not disable it there uninstall.

Thank you sony to implant a virus in your phone.

GT

Inhabitant
Message 132 of 173
Message 132 of 173

Alors maintenant je fais quoi avec" what's new" qui continue à me pourrir la vie ?

So now what do I do with "what's new" that continues to rot my life?

GT

One time poster
Message 133 of 173
Message 133 of 173

Re: Get rid of "What's New"

the app keeps updating automatically and taking storage space on my phone, is there a way to block this?

One time poster
Message 134 of 173
Message 134 of 173

I agree, between the lounge, what's new and the array of other useless apps forced on me between Sony and my service provider i have half a dozen applications that I am unable to truly remove or stop completely. what were the developers thinking? 'hey guys let's make a pointless app and have it spam users with notifications about trash and then, for jokes let's make it impossible to stop'...  great... by now android users know what they want and they don't need to be reminded daily of some arbitrary new theme or update to some rubbish I have never installed in the first place. 

One time poster
Message 135 of 173
Message 135 of 173

I have said no notification from Whats New app and given it no permissions so why does it keep bothering me with adverts for various things? If it keeps popping on to the notification backscreen I am swapping back to Samsung or Iphone - it is very very annoying.

Learner
Message 136 of 173
Message 136 of 173

Hey I finally got rid of What's New! I bought an Alcatel. 😀

Inhabitant
Message 137 of 173
Message 137 of 173

virus

Translation via Google Translate:

Warning sony produces phone with preinstalled virus.

Attention sony produit des telephone avec virus preinstallé.

Message 138 of 173
Message 138 of 173

Re: virus

@Totof5974

1. I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum. Further posting in languages other than English might lead to post deletion, as you were advised to stop doing so multiple times.

2. Elaborate your sentence. What virus are you talking about and how do you know it is a virus and Sony added it?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 139 of 173
Message 139 of 173

Dear Christopher!
I've bought a new Sony Xperia ZX1 and disabled all notifications, banned all permissions but this appears again and again in notification!  Why does it appear in my notification area?

This is my third Xperia phone (before was Z1 and Z5) and every time "What's new" becomes more annoying!

One time poster
Message 140 of 173
Message 140 of 173

I have to agree, it's a nuisance... as a result, my next phone won't be a Sony, very sad to say...