account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Get rid of "What's New"

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 21 of 173
Message 21 of 173

Re: Get rid of "What's New"

Not really, no. The removal is a technical process. There is a link in the above instructions that goes into further detail but there is no magic bullet that I'm aware of if those instructions are beyond your grasp.

Commissioner
Message 22 of 173
Message 22 of 173

I never got round to carrying out the above instructions but I don't see how doing so would void the warranty - since there is no root access involved.

One time poster
Message 23 of 173
Message 23 of 173

Please get rid of this, what's new is not a necessary part of the home button. It is like when I require new windows for my house, I will go and look for them, I don't need tone coerced into having an app I don't want.
Apprentice
Message 24 of 173
Message 24 of 173

Hi Samuel, if the setting's missing to disable this behaviour, where should I submit a bug report?
Inhabitant
Message 25 of 173
Message 25 of 173

Have a Z1 Compact and have just upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.4 and I, too, loathe the "What's New" button.  I have absolutely no interest in buying movies or music on my phone.  We should be able to disable it, if not interested.  If I buy a PC, I have absolute control in what software goes on to it, why not the same with a phone?  I have been buying Sony phones for over twelve years now, but if they insist on controlling what software is on our phone without giving us the option to delete or disable it, then I will definitely be looking elsewhere next time.

Message 26 of 173
Message 26 of 173

I hate mobiles that tell you what **bleep** you need to watch ! This machine costs 600 euro and than Sony is going to tell me that i should see "what new" bull**bleep** on my device ???? **bleep** Sony !
Message 27 of 173
Message 27 of 173

get rid of what's new !!!!!!!!!

I want Sony to fix this immediately and make sure i can remove "what's new" nonsense on my 600 euro phone ! if not i will demand my money back and overload any forum in the world to tell that the z2 is the worst thing i ever had only for this utmost anoying thing called what's new !
Message 28 of 173
Message 28 of 173

Nonsense much easier is to delete the entire pane !
Press entire screen hold and smaller panes will be shown. Click on the x and cfm remove pane !
Message 29 of 173
Message 29 of 173

Re: get rid of what's new !!!!!!!!!

Ok sony already fixed ! Press entire screen, hold, panes will show, press x on pane and cfm delete entire pane !
Regular
Message 30 of 173
Message 30 of 173

OK, 1) We aren't talking about anything on a pane. We're talking about what pops up when you hold the home button, and 2) You don't need to delete an entire pane to delete something. Just hold the thing and drag it to the trashcan that shows up at the bottom.

Please make sure you actually understand the issue at hand, before calling other people's replies nonsense.