account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Get rid of "What's New"

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 171 of 173
Message 171 of 173

Re: Get rid of "What's New"

pretty annoying. why dont you test this.  everytime you pick your phone up you have notifications present.  you want the phone to use it, not to have advertising rammed down your throat.   sorry for whine but I binned off the phone because of this.  And next time I go to buy something sony I just think nah.,..

One time poster
Message 172 of 173
Message 172 of 173

Follwoing this advice does not fully help. It still gives me alerts when it has been updated. But I found another setting now, for disabling automatic update of "apps", this too within the "what's new" settings. I will try disabling this now and see if it helps..

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 173 of 173
Message 173 of 173

I just got the XZ2 Premium on 22APR19 and noticed that in the new Pie update What's New is gone!!! OMG!!!  ;-))